Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2010 Gossip

Default Toy Fair 2010 Gossip

There's lots of news flowing out about the Toy Fair and Hasbro's announcements.

Collectors Club members are invited to a password protected sneak peak.

TFW2005 has some thorough info here:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...allery-169157/

And this guy, Collecticon, is at the show, posting pics at his Flickr, Twitter and blog.

There's one bit of disappointing news as far as I'm concerned, and that's Human Alliance Jazz with Lennox. I wish they picked a better bot for that, like Ironhide or even Prime.

Activators are back!

There are now transforming RPMs

And Generations is the name of the new line going forward.

Liking the WFC toys, and damn Hasbro for doing a "Generations" Thrust that looks almost exactly like Henkei Thrust (after I fork out the money for the Henkei version)

Any word on a Universe Rhinox?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Not through my channels.

I think the biggest fan pleaser will be a tribute to Straxus named Darkmount

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Hmmm... some interesting stuff there (and a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me at all)

I can't see anything in the 'Universe' gallery that is interesting to me aside from the vintage car guy but his colors are not very good. Dissapointing as this doesn't seem like Classics 3.0 and more like Random Repaints 50.5

It seems that 'Exclusive' doesn't mean much these days given Thrust.

The WFC figures look pretty good from the design point of view but I still fear that it will have a pinkish cheap paint job.
    Last edited by kup; 14th February 2010 at 11:21 AM.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I think you're right Kup! Is there even a Classics 3.0? Or is that the new Generations line?

Re the toys... I haven't felt the buzz of excitement for a couple of years, ever since they've started making a lot of these figures in a Bayformer-hybrid style. They just don't appeal to me... I'm even struggling with WFC but I'll probably get end up getting the ones I kinda like.

I'm thrilled to hear of a return of the Activators, but a little dismayed by only one new Legends. Still, my wallet will be happy (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

There's at least three new legends. In addition to Ravage, there's non-combining Long Haul and Red Rampage. Also, although probably not what you mean, the Powercore Combiner limbs are also "Legends".

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It seems that 'Exclusive' doesn't mean much these days given Thrust.
    That had me wondering. I thought Hasbro weren't allowed to release anything mass-market that was a previous Botcon exclusive? Understandably they're using the Henkei mold, but still, it seems a little sneaky. I'm not complaining mind you, I love the opportunity to finally get Thrust.