Thread: Toy Fair 2010: War for Cybertron previewed (and reviewed)

Default Toy Fair 2010: War for Cybertron previewed (and reviewed)

I'd rather not post anything on here, as to spoil any of the story, battles, who you play as, etc.

You can read the article here

After reading it, all I can say is, WOW

The plot sounds great... but for a videogame, the gameplay is the most important element - lets hope it doesn't suck too greatly.

Anyone else think that the storyline might make a great cartoon series?

Looks like I got a PS3 just in time

While I am excited for this game, I am trying to keep calm and not have my expectations up too high.

It seems as though Hasbro is going all out to try and please the G1 fan so I am happy about that. It's interesting to note that the 'reviewer' referred to Brakedown as Breakdown. I wonder if this was displayed on screen at some point or a typo.

WFC and GoW3 are at the top of my list this year for games to own.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post

Yep. I hope they use this as the foundation for the next Transformers cartoon. Plus I want something like G1 to last a few years not a re-boot every 12-18 months.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

The plot sounds great... but for a videogame, the gameplay is the most important element - lets hope it doesn't suck too greatly.

For me its a balance between the two. Good gameplay with a bad plot is boring for me and on the other hand a good story with a bad gameplay is too frustrating to enjoy as you have to deal with the gameplay every step of the way.

I have higher standards for video game plot and characters specially after some awesome stories we had with some games in the last couple of years. These games had far better characters and stories than any other medium such as films.

However based on that link it seems that the WFC game is indeed trying to strike a good balance between the two in a linear but plot driven story with varied gameplay for each level.
    Last edited by kup; 16th February 2010 at 09:58 AM.

I hope so, considering how Bumblebe is heavily influenced by his movie/animated incanations insetad of being G1-esque, and with the Prime before Optimus being of a different name, a new series would justify this change nicely.

Hopefully with the game, and if it sells well enough a sequel, we can see the line last longer than a run of power rangers. I too tire of a new series evry year. ALthough the movie line cant end soon enough for me

This game keeps getting better and better! im so going to try and get every single trophy!
    I just hope we get heaps of toys, i realy love the designs from all the pictures!
    I wonder if when playing single player we can interchange between characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream212 View Post
    This game keeps getting better and better! im so going to try and get every single trophy!
    I just hope we get heaps of toys, i realy love the designs from all the pictures!
    I wonder if when playing single player we can interchange between characters?
    I guess that the prospect of more toys depends on how successful the game is. Nowadays there are always a couple of toys or collectible merchandise associated with every game but usually more are made if the game turns out to be successful.

Examples are Gears of War, Halo, Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, etc.

At the last Supanova that I attended, there was a stall promoting the then yet to be released Hellgate London. Although the game was not released yet it had a awful lot of merchandise associated with it. Too bad that the game ultimately proved to be disappointing and forgotten the day after release as all that investment in the statues, toys and other merchandise went in ashes along with the game.

Hasbro seems be smarter than that in this case as they are only releasing a couple of toys along with the game. If the game succeeds to create a following, I am sure there will be more waves.

I really hope this is the new cgi cArtoon itm and not fugly powercore!!

Couple more previews of the WFC game that I came across (which I didn't think were posted here yet).
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...bertron/17927/

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...bertron/17933/