Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BotCon 2010 date and location announced

Default BotCon 2010 date and location announced

TransformersClub members (such as myself) have been sent an email about BotCon 2010

We have been working very hard getting information ready for BotCon 2010. We will be announcing before Christmas the date and place for next year so that you can make your vacation plans. - Watch BotCon.com for future info!

The Transformers Collectors' Club is happy to bring you this Christmas wish:* *
    Join us at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Convention Center for
    BotCon 2010 June 24-27, 2010!

You can now make your hotel arrangements. Don't delay as the block will fill up fast!* Our special BotCon convention rate is $134 per night.* This breaks down as $124 per night for your room + a $10 Resort Services fee per room per day.* The Resort Services fee includes unlimited high speed internet, bottled water (replenished daily), unlimited local calls, 60 minutes of 800 number calls, and 20 minutes of domestic long distance calls each day.* In addition, parking at the hotel will be $5 per day.

Additional information will be available around the first of February including available Convention Packages, Shuttle information and discounted Walt Disney World Park tickets
    Time to start planning.

oh im sooo jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Time to start planning.
    I still haven't recovered financially from this year's trip. Though, could try start saving again.......

For those wondering which Disney 'place' (there are 2 in America), it is the one in Florida.
    http://www.botcon.com/BotCon10/

Interesting to see that they are calling it a 4-day event this year, probably see the need after having a packed 3-day schedule in 2009 and had to extend the hours of the final day just to cope with all the people that had showed up from the local area.

I'm having trouble trying to decide on what days to book at the hotel, to give myself enough time too explore the local area and do the Disney World park (which may need a couple days).
    QLD School holidays start June 26th, which might make it difficult to get time off work (the parents at work apply for holiday leave, up to a year beforehand for school holidays).

Just remember, if you are contemplating going, and is still too far away to decide, book a room or pair up with someone who has a 2-bed room and wants to split the costs. Check the cancellation conditions, but usually if you cancel at least 2 days before hand, you won't be charged anything. Therefore, it is best to secure a room early, and when you decide later for sure if you are going to be needing it, it will be there.

Be aware that the above discount rate is for 7 days - Monday 21st to Sunday 27th (checking out Monday 28th). And that quoted rate above will be before tax, which is 12.5%.
    Last edited by griffin; 23rd December 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Looks like additional persons are charged $25, but I wonder how strict they are on finding out who's got more people in a room than they have booked.

Botcon 2010 is really starting to tempt me now! I'd love to see DisneyWorld

I'm starting to contemplate....hmmmmmm

so if i do a reservation now will i get charged straight away or would it happen a few days beforehand or whenever?, never done this sort of stuff before so not sure how this stuff works

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    so if i do a reservation now will i get charged straight away or would it happen a few days beforehand or whenever?, never done this sort of stuff before so not sure how this stuff works
    Generally you don't pay until you check out of the hotel. They'll ask for a credit card number now but it's just for security, and you can cancel at anytime but like griffin said you may want to check their cancellation conditions.

Edit:

Cancellation policy - "Should you need to cancel this reservation, your individual deposit is refundable if notice is received at least five (5) days prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained. Cancellations must be made by email at grouprez@swandolphin.com."

And considering I'm still contemplating going, I just reserved four nights. Just in case.
    Last edited by Sleeve; 23rd December 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Generally you don't pay until you check out of the hotel. They'll ask for a credit card number now but it's just for security, and you can cancel at anytime but like griffin said you may want to check their cancellation conditions.
    cheers thats all i needed to know