Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Zoids

In the interest of trying new things, i'm considering getting a zoid on my trip to Japan next month. What do i need to know/consider? Do you need glue or tools and what range comes recommended? Any help appreciated!

I've only built the one HMM Zoid, being the Lightning Saix but I really enjoyed it. Most of the parts are separated by colour and no glue is required. Parts mostly snap together or are held in place with vinyl caps. Joints are vinyl ball and socket. Paint would make it look better in my opinion but that's just me.
    At the bare minimum a nice sharp side cutter is needed.

Thanks Gamblor!

How far removed from a typical Gundam build would you say? It sounds pretty similar based on what you just said. Is the finished model sturdier than a gundam?

I've had a blade liger sitting on my shelves for over 10 years now, figure works as well now as it did when I first made it.

A sharp blade or file is useful for separating the pieces from the sprues, but after that it is gamblor said, all clicking together and held with small clips.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I haven't got a lot of gumdam experience but I would say they're about the same? It's really a posable figure rather than a 'playable' toy.

I only have Liger Zero HMM and it's custom armor parts.

Coming from someone who hates stickers and isn't good at painting, I think these look awesome right out of the box. I've only done a few Gundam model kits, and IMO I think it's really solid in comparison. It has some weight to it and I can pick it off the shelf without pieces falling off.

That is about all I can say since I don't have much experience with either. I have seen Collectors say Liger Zero is the best kit released in the HMM line.
    I'm not sure if it's because of build quality, articulation, plastic used or popularity.

I Have not read about the kits released after either.

Can't wait to get Panzer, looks great.

Hey people - I'm just beginning my Zoids toy nostalgia-fest (like another toyline we all know, I love the old UK comics [which included some very familiar creators...])

A no-prize for guessing whose art this is in a children's comic that includes a line about an 'excellent butt':

Anyway, this is my massive collection as it stands at the moment (including that butt-pervert, Zunder) although I have a disturbing amount on its way in the post:

Sadly, my Hasbro Pteramander didn't come with a sticker guide - does anyone have Salamander/Krark/Radox instructions that would tell me where exactly they go (or know of a Zoids instructions archive?) Naturally, the only ones I can find online are for the Hasbro one I already have that lacks a sticker guide. Any help would be brilliant.

Cool! Are you getting Hasbro/Tomy Zoids or the Kotobukiya HMMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Cool! Are you getting Hasbro/Tomy Zoids or the Kotobukiya HMMs?
    The Hasbro/Tomy ones - I like the G1 toys and reissues. The Kotobukiya ones aren't mechanised, is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    The Hasbro/Tomy ones
    Oh, and I've got some Kenner Technozoids on the way too!