Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoids

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    What are the Kotobukiya Zoids?
    They're like gundams that are molded onto runners. basically cut them out of their runners, build them and paint them.

i picked up the hmm blade liger from hobbyco today. it seems a rather daunting build, does anyone have any advice on the building or how to paint these kits?
    ~

Mind if I ask which Blade Liger? and what was the cost of Blade Liger?

I find those kits tempting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Mind if I ask which Blade Liger? and what was the cost of Blade Liger?

I find those kits tempting too.
    I got the Koto HMM blade liger, the blue one, not red. I think it was about $80 ( i bought some other stuff too) and i figured since most online places are sold out or are charging over a hundred USD i'd get it =]
    Only now i'm looking at the pieces thinking what the hell have i done? if any of you guys have any advice on building or painting these hmm kits id greatly appreciate it.
    ~

Koto's Liger Zero.

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYZD42

Well Ive pre ordered It but yeah.. not sure Im really overly keen on how much extra organic they have made him, its like they got lost somewhere between LigerZero and Murasume liger.

But by the looks of the way the armor comes off... perhaps we will see armor packs for it not whole ligers over and over again... which... i dunno. I think id prefer to have entire ligers as opposed to buying 4 of these and having a bunch of left over parts if i wanted to display all 3 armor units.

Shadow Fox for the world!!! Who wouldn't want a gattling gun on their backs?

I prefer my Gatling guns on Saber Tigers, or Redhorns. Generally speaking when it comes to Zoids, if it's not a weapon of the Helic Republic, Zenevas or Guylos Empire then I'm not interested.

Thought i'd share a photo of my recently completed HMM blade liger with you guys =]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/DSC_0113.jpg

Completely hand painted (i hate that gold color the pieces like the blades and the claws were)
    ~

Looking good, did you just paint the details or the whole thing like the blue as well? Cause that blue colour is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Looking good, did you just paint the details or the whole thing like the blue as well? Cause that blue colour is nice.
    I painted the blue as well, I used the Citadel color Enchanted Blue, which was very close to the color of the plastic, the other colors i used were Boltgun metal for the majority, then highlights and fine detail with Mithril silver.
    ~