• Buy when cheap

5 16.67%
  • Does not interest me

2 6.67%
  • the other option i forgot? lol

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review - ROTF Brawn

Rhinox isn't as kibblicious as Brawn, and also Rhinox doesn't have guns (the cartoon modified his chainsaw weapon as guns - but the toy itself doesn't have them). Despite being a shellformer I was pleasantly surprised with Brawn. I think he's quite well done and they've incorporated the kibble pretty well - as you can see from jaydisc and Vector Prime's photos, they don't impede with his articulation too much. I skipped the toy when I first saw him - but I picked him up last night and I must say that he's exceeded my expectations. I ermed and aahed about getting this toy and was honestly expecting to be bitterly disappointed by it, but I'm actually rather pleased.

The Odieverse already has a Brawn but if they ever do an Outback redeco I'm sold.

I really like Brawn, defiantly one of the finer movie toys, and like Gok said, his kibble is surprisingly...not that anoying

I took the plunge and bought Brawn.

His kibble is annoying, but he is surprisingly likable, I guess it's the posability, or the way he combines movie aesthetics with a little G1 influence.

He's not my favorite ROTF Deluxe, but I far prefer him to the bulky 4WD's like Stockade.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    His kibble is annoying, but he is surprisingly likable, I guess it's the posability, or the way he combines movie aesthetics with a little G1 influence.
    I feel the same way... having the kibble on his back is fine, but combined with the kibble on his thighs and his elbows, it all becomes a bit annoying (especially when you're trying to pose him and have to move it all around).

Nonetheless, despite his kibble/shellformer status, he is very likable as Lord_Zed mentions.

I love the articulation and how he is not quite Movie-verse, nor is he Classics/Universe... more like a nice homage to G1 in a modern interpretation.

I dare go as far as saying that he's the best Deluxe toy in the ROTF range... so a definite buy!

I do like the figure a lot! I was thinking of getting three of him in total... It'd make a cool squadron!!! and I intend to make them a classicsverse squad... that i'll have to make up! (I have two at the moment...)

Also, while not official, you *can* holster his guns where holsters would normally be! Lookit:

Use the little plastic tab in the thigh kibble, and slide that in the groove of the guns, press towards the thighs and there you go - not the most stable, but it works! And aesthetically, it's nice too!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

wow cool, can't wait to try that! Reminds me of Beast Wars Ravage.

As I mentioned, I got two... I am now trying to toss up whether or not to repaint them into a mini squad of two who happen to be twins(again unsure if they will be identical twins or not) OR to get a third and make them a trio... Triplet thing and developing some character bio behind them... What do you think?

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

repaint 1 as movie outback. crikey!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    repaint 1 as movie outback. crikey!
    nah mate - I'm not intending to use any of these for a 'movie-verse' characters - but rather intending this to be original characters in my own henkeiclassicsuniverse :3

and I also have an outback already :b

XD

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther