Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Interesting, Mind Blowing Transformers Trivia and Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If in the 5FDPverse red Tracks is another character then so be it... Jedi. Something something something Dark Side...
    You'd be surprised what is possible in the 5FDPverse Up is down, down is up, and red Tracks is still red Tracks
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Sky Shadow: I see your point. After all, just because official canon has retconned Bumper (Bumblejumper) as an autonomous character doesn't change the fact that the original toy was not so, and was either a variation of Bumblebee or Cliffjumper depending on which card it was sold on.

In fact on my TF collection spreadsheet I have Bumblejumper listed as "Bumblejumper" -- deliberately with the quotation marks to indicate that the name is unofficial. I got my Bumblejumper loose so I have no idea if it's officially Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. But I personally accept Bumblejumper as a separate character from Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. Your Transmetal "Packrat" analogy is a good one -- I have this toy listed as Rattrap with the variant description listed in a separate column. At no point do I ever refer to this toy as "Packrat" in my list even though I may play with it as the Packrat character.

It's easy for me to see red Tracks as Road Rage because I only ever bought the e-Hobby reissue of red Tracks - who of course is Roadrage. But if I ever had the red version of Tracks I would list it as 'Tracks', just as I list TM Packrat as 'Rattrap.' Red Tracks may become Roadrage in the Gokiverse, but on my spreadsheet he'd still be 'Tracks' (likewise both my yellow and blue BT Tracks are called 'Tracks')

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP
    Up is down, down is up, and red Tracks is still red Tracks
    Okay now I'm imagining your red Tracks hanging upside down doing the "Spiderman kiss"... with Road Rage!!

Eewwwwww! XD

may already be well known but the Autobots true creator was Dr Robotnik from sonic.

Dream's to own MP Prime and MP Grimlock will most likely stay a dream..

Computer says no. (-_-)

Anyway, inspired by the red Tracks/Roadrage discussion I took some toy piccies and posted them here.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptiK View Post
    may already be well known but the Autobots true creator was Dr Robotnik from sonic.

OH EM GEE! mind=blown!

My two obsessions come together at last!

Interesting analysis of Beast Wars Rampage from transformers wikia:

Some fans are split on how to interpret Rampage's death; he is clearly shown to let go of the energon shard that killed him prior to being stabbed with it, to which Depth Charge reacted in surprise. Because of this, some fans feel this means Rampage, knowing he couldn't win the struggle, allowed himself to be impaled in order to end his torturous existence (and laughing in the giddy euphoria of oblivion), while others believe he deliberately let go to test whether or not Depth Charge would go through with his threat of ending his life, his laughter instead being taken as solace in the knowledge that Depth Charge's obsession with him had successfully corrupted him into the same kind of monster he wanted to kill. Another theory, based on more gradual character development, postulates thus: Initially, Rampage is exactly the blindly psychotic murderer described by Optimus Primal. However, the arrival of Transmutate introduces a kindred spirit which Rampage cares about, and when it is destroyed Rampage is completely overwhelmed by his sense of loss, even forgoing his joy of battle to mourn. This pallor of despair never truly leaves him, which is confirmed by comments made even far into the third season ("You'll live to regret this, crab-legs," threatens Blackarachnia; "I regret everything," Rampage replies.) It is therefore possible that Rampage releases his grip on the energon in a moment of clarity, realizing that death will only end his pain. He laughs mockingly at Depth Charge because in claiming his revenge Depth Charge is really setting Rampage free. Another possibility is that he took one last laugh at his hunter knowing that Depth Charge knew that he would have to die to slay him. Rampage could also just be batshit insane.

Uh...
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptiK
    (don't use TFwiki its cheating).
    Anyway, they're all plausible theories and we'll probably never know for sure. It's open to interpretation. My thoughts:

+ Rampage has always been a very tragic character. Since his creation he was seen by society as an abomination and instantly rejected. Transformers appear to have a gregarious need to social belonging like humans do, and thus this would have been incredibly damaging to X's psychology, which I assume is what created X to be a monster. He is a fiend that the Maximals created in their attempt to "play God."

+ X was even denied a real name (just assigned "Protoform X") and thus denied an identity. In a way it can be argued that the Predacons were (ever so slightly) more compassionate than the Maximals because they bothered to assign a name for him - thus 'humanising' him more. This is also seen in Star Wars where the Republic Clones are all given codes to identify them (like a licence plate number), but it was Anakin Skywalker who encouraged them to give themselves individual names like Cody, Gree, Oddball etc. because despite being clones they were still sentient individuals. Ironically when he became Darth Vader all the Stormtroopers in the Empire (many of whom were not clones) were given codes to dehumanise them (e.g. TK421).

+ We know that Depth Charge wasn't always dark, brooding and anti-social. As Optimus Primal once said there was a time when he would never have abandoned the Maximal cause and it was Protoform X who changed all that.

+ I think Transmutate merely stimulated the better side of Rampage that's _always_ been inside him. After all, he was created as a Maximal and was never reprogrammed with a Predacon shell program. This introduces an aspect of duality to Rampage, which a lot of characters have. Even Silverbolt has a dual aspect (as demonstrated when he impaled Tarantulas as an act of vengeance and Rampage pointed out, "That's not very Maximal of you.")

heres a neat little one about beastwars

the person whom voiced over transmutate was susan blu whom voiced over arcee, not only that the episode that transmutate was in rattrap also mentions arcee as a great aunt

Yeah, Susan Blu was also the voice director for the entire Beast Wars series. So the running joke is that while she was directing the BW voice actors she could go all Kup-like and hit them with stories of, "Well back when I was a Transformers voice actor, this was how we did it..."

Another voice trivia: Mainframe Entertainment wanted to have Peter Cullen come do a cameo as G1 Optimus Prime, like when Optimus Prime momentarily woke up after Optimus Primal returned the Matrix to him, he might've said something like, "Till All Are One" or "Trukk Not Munkee." This never happened because Cullen refused for ethical reasons -- he was against so much voice acting work being done by Canadians and wanted to keep jobs in America (which is kinda ironic considering that Peter Cullen himself originally hails from Montreal); but yeah, in the interests of protecting the American voice acting industry he declined, hence why Optimus Prime says nothing in his appearance in Beast Wars. Also why in Beast Machines Optimus Prime was voiced by Garry Chalk.

Anyone ever wondered why the hell Ravage decided to transform into a cassette tape and insert himself into his stealth cruiser's tape player while he was leading the Predacon assault against the Maximals? The original intention was to have Ravage play a portion of the original G1 theme song (probably just an instrumental rendition). The animation was all done for this to happen but unfortunately Mainframe was unable to secure the rights to the G1 theme from Sunbow... so that's why we only hear that guitar riff and there doesn't seem to be any reason why the camera's focusing on showing Ravage sitting there in the tape deck in cassette mode for a duration of time.

Still, hearing Ravage shout, "Decepticons Forever!" and then hearing the classic G1 transformation sound was still pretty damn sweet. But how much sweeter would that scene have been if Ravage had played the G1 theme tune as originally intended!

Cassettes don't have to only play music - They can also be used for data storage as it was done often enough in the G1 cartoon. My interpretation of Ravage turning into a tape in BW and inserting himself into the tape drive of the ship's console is to 'become one' with the ship and actually be able to directly control it through thought rather than cockpit controls.

Of course the real reason was just to amuse any G1 cartoon fan watching the episode