Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that is more to do with fungi remnants on the surface. You can't get rid of it. A similar but worse thing happens to the Monstructor shells.
    Yep, one of my shells is bad as well. My Wildfly shell is blotchy.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but instead of a full HP bath, has anyone tried superficial plastic cleaning agents?

Would something like this clean those splotches or even possible clear up yelowed bubbles in G1 packaging?

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...plastic_polish

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but instead of a full HP bath, has anyone tried superficial plastic cleaning agents?

Would something like this clean those splotches or even possible clear up yelowed bubbles in G1 packaging?

http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...plastic_polish
    I tried that once - Failed horribly. It made the plastic really dull looking.

Also keep in mind that the color change is not exactly 'matter' that is on the plastic but the plastic itself that has undergone a chemical change.

Does the color of bulb/globe increase or decrease the yellowness/yellowing on toys?
    Last edited by kup; 8th July 2011 at 08:59 PM.
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Does the color of bulb/globe increase or decrease the yellowness/yellowing on toys?
    I am not sure but I can certainly say that yellow is not healthy.

Edit: Sorry I accidentally hit 'edit' in your post while trying to reply

Has anyone tried to unyellow a getaway powermaster body?

Also does Hydrogen Peroxide loose its strength? I have a jar of the stuff left over when I did a scourge which was over 6 months ago...

I haven't tried to whiten a 1988 (PM era) toy before so I have no idea if it would work. Hopefully they stopped using that H2O2 unfriendly plastic from the 1987 Headmasters.

H2O2 does indeed loose potency over time. You notice it by how quickly it forms bubbles upon the surface of the plastic.

Well I have a Getaway Ive disassembled for that purpose.
    Only 3 things have halted the progress of this project.

First, I still have to get a new batch of H2O2 as my old batch was bubble free already ( so I guess , yeah that answers the other query - it looses strength in time.
    Second I need a bigger jar with a glass top, coz my available jar wont fit Getaway's parts.
    Third, Need sun, it's been gloomy since it's winter
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Well I have a Getaway Ive disassembled for that purpose.
    Only 3 things have halted the progress of this project.

First, I still have to get a new batch of H2O2 as my old batch was bubble free already ( so I guess , yeah that answers the other query - it looses strength in time.
    Second I need a bigger jar with a glass top, coz my available jar wont fit Getaway's parts.
    Third, Need sun, it's been gloomy since it's winter
    Heh well I took one of my getaways sides/arms off, put it in a jar with old as H202 and put it outisde at 11pm last night. And as of now it still appears the sun hasn't risen yet so I will check tonight if any progress is made

thats why a UV lamp is handy at a time like this where sunlight is limited. do everything indoors.

also, for those that are attempting to improve their yellowed getaway, how do you plan to repair the windscreen section in H2O2 cos it has actual paint on the windscreen? i mean, wouldnt that be at risk of becoming pink-ish?