Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New War For Cybertron Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    <insert fanboy girlesque squeal>
    and add an octave for me!

I reckon that was gameplay footage fersure! Some of the bits looked like cutscenes rendered using the game engine (eg when Starscream flips around the landing bit).

Gametrailers have it listed as a 22 June release date as well. Amazon too, are the just copying or do they know for sure...

Yep, its official, I just wet my pants GO OMEGA!

On a side note, I hate the way that mos gamin sites use my precious download limit to advertise movie trailers and other bits of crap to me before the real goodies.
    Last edited by Tetsuwan Convoy; 27th February 2010 at 01:50 AM.

I just woke up and saw this at kotaku.

from what i can see gameplay parts are

-Optimus Prime transforms from alt to robot mode, he slides to the left a bit.
    -aerial scene
    -bumblebee transforms into alt mode
    -bumblebee(?) strafing with 3 different scenes, 1 including omega supreme.

also, some of it could be considered timed button action sequences (like shenmue, bayonetta,)

but yeah i'm really looking foward to this game now.

I am excited

I was looking at the screenshots here and noticed something. Check out Prime, Brawl and Soundwave's guns. Would have thought there'd be more originality in their designs.

There's not a lot of gameplay footage in the trailer, however it still looks pretty awesome... games have come so far nowadays that it's sometimes hard to differentiate between what is actual gameplay footage and what are rendered cutscenes.

There's speculation that a new Scorponok may make an appearance, along with a portable version for DS (with Grimlock & Jetfire appearing).

(Btw, Sleeve, check your PMs mate!)

Did I watch a different trailer? It seems to me that alot of the later footage in the trailer is gameplay footage. And from whazt I saw, HOLY HECK

Quote Originally Posted by kotaku.com.au
    Transformers: War For Cyberton on the Nintendo DS is being made by Vicarious Visions, the veteran studio behind other, recent well-regarded portable 3D Transformers action games. Like the previous ones, the new entry will be sold in Autobot and Decepticon versions, though this time the games won’t link to a web-based meta-game.

What the games will do is offer Vicarious Visions’ take on the new Transformers fiction being introduced in High Moon Studios’ new console game, a new Cyberton-based re-imagining of the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons. The portable games will put players in the robot bodies of Transformer pairs, encouraging players to swap between two fighters as they tackle missions. A Vicarious developer chose Jetfire and Grimlock for a mission and explained that, while we could control only one character a time, we could swap the other in at any time. The player can deal different kinds of damage, tied to certain characters. The enemies will resist one for or the other, in a system balanced by the game’s artificial intelligence. The idea is to encourage character swapping. Let’s say one Autobot who delivers laser damage encounters a group of Decepticons resistant to that, then the proper strategy would be to switch to the other Autobot to deliver plasma damage.

My look at the DS version of War For Cybertron was very brief, but the continued involvement of Vicarious Visions should give series fans a solid reference point from which to judge the prospects of this game. Built for people not interested in the current Michael Bay movie transformers and designed for gamers excited to collect a long list of playable Transformers, the DS War For Cyberton games will be available in a few months.
    here's some more info on the DS versions

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Did I watch a different trailer? It seems to me that alot of the later footage in the trailer is gameplay footage. And from whazt I saw, HOLY HECK
    I think there's been two trailers so far... the original teaser one and now this one.
    Last edited by Vector Prime; 27th February 2010 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think most of this new trailer are in-game rendered cutscenes in the same style as the ones you get in games when they want to add some narrative or introduce a boss fight. Kind of like the in-game scenes in Dragon Age Origins and Arkham Assylum. The previous trailers showed us pre-rendered cutscenes.

There is very little footage of someone actually 'controlling' the gameplay. The next phase should be to actually release some gameplay footage with someone playing through the first part of a mission.

Ah well, I thought most of it looked like gameplay footage. I could be wrong. We'll just have to see more soon, which I don't doubt, it is not long away to be released.