Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More KOs to be careful of - G1 Sideswipe, Red Alert, Defensor

Default More KOs to be careful of - G1 Sideswipe, Red Alert, Defensor

Coming very soon are counterfiet Gen1 Red Alert, Sideswipe and Defensor gift set.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ckoffs-169228/

Each is apparently easy to spot as a fake when in packaging because the factory stickers are not applied, but once they hit ebay by the more deceitful sellers, they might be hard to spot out of packaging with all stickers applied.

Comments at that link raise a sad point - there is so much demand for these fake toys now that they are often being sold for more than a genuine reissue (just because of the packaging I guess).
    Last edited by griffin; 26th February 2010 at 10:51 PM.

prowl has been out for ages.
    people just forget cause hes crap

Oops, I meant Red Alert, like in the title. (have fixed the post now).

. Ive gotten these guys already thank goodness. This will make it harder for those still trying to collect the G1 stuff. they might end up buying loose Ko's of these guys , Aaaaw. Bad bad bad!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Don't understand the need for a KO Sideswipe and Red Alert They've been reissued quite extensively.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Aarrggh! I instinctively started reading the ensuing discussion on TFW2005. My eyes! MY EYES!

Anyway, those pictures made me think of something. I have a MOSC Streetwise that I've never opened because I thought he was yellowed, but what colour is he supposed to be anyway? He's not white compared to First Aid and Groove, certainly. Maybe mine's not yellowed like I thought.

And is that 'authentic' real polystyrene that they've used for Defensor? Being environmentally unfriendly in the eighties was due to ignorance, doing it now would just make these knockoffs even more evil.

Ah bloody hell. I still need Red Alert, and parts for Defensor. It is becoming less likely that I will ever own them for fear of getting a KO.

I actually have a KO of the robotech valkyries from the first generation of Macross. The funny thing is as I have a almost complete G1 jetfire that I found in my parents garage filled with other of my old toys. Well back to the funny part, the KO is identical in diecast well everything to the G1 jetfire Like I am talking size even the landing gears it's amazing. The only real difference which I can see maybe an improvement is the fact that the KO actually has gun holes in both hands. Even though I am planning on using the KO to repair my old jetfire I still find it remarkable just how close in detail these things are. Of course you can tell this one is a KO by the jet mold of parts that are on him lol but the in side parts that hold the arms and back all together is remarkable it's exactly the same. You would think that for a KO they would make it out of inferior parts.

Yup, already saw these first hand in china. All I will say is that the reproduction is getting pretty good...