I have been asked about re-chroming G1 bits and pieces, and thought to share with you all on how i have done it to a couple of my figures

now here i have a junker Springer a G1 Pipes that just needs a touch up, 1200 wet and dry sand paper, a silver uni paint marker from any local newsagent, chrome in a spray can, and some 2inch tape that is available from Bunnings or most automotive stores

first of all i'll start with Springer now what i have done here is sand the chromed area with 1200sandpaper with a little bit of water, after which i dryed off with a towel

now i have masked out the chrome parts so that none of the paint will go on the rest of the figure like so

then after the masking out just spray enough coats of paint to cover the plastic with the chrome paint and leave to dry for at least an hour or so then unmask and your done

next up will do the tip of Pipes smokestacks here is the before shot

and now i just grabbed the pen marker and coloured the worn part of the chrome and ta do!!! this only really works for small areas like ends of gun tips and such

and the two together with the end results

i hope that helps