Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Kicker

Default Help with Kicker

I looked up the other day, and noticed a sullen pair of legs sitting on my shelf. i then looked down and found a lonesome torso skulking beneath the bottom shelf. The rubber band in his waist seems to have perished and rendered him unwhole.

Any got any suggestions about how best to repair him? All his parts are present, intact and unbroken except for a troublesome rubber band.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    I looked up the other day, and noticed a sullen pair of legs sitting on my shelf. i then looked down and found a lonesome torso skulking beneath the bottom shelf. The rubber band in his waist seems to have perished and rendered him unwhole.

Any got any suggestions about how best to repair him? All his parts are present, intact and unbroken except for a troublesome rubber band.
    Photos please as I don't have a Kicker. I am assuming that it's similar to a GI Joe or Action Master waist.

From what I can see, its a similar set up as an action master only that the waist piece is separate.

Try to find a small but strong enough rubber band (not too thin). Pass it through the waist piece and hook it up to both end hooks (legs and torso). Make sure its not too big otherwise it would be too floppy. If you can't find a small enough rubber band, try doubling it up.
    Last edited by kup; 8th March 2010 at 12:08 AM.

I've got some small o-rings - I'll give those a try first. Thanks buddy.

You can actually by the spare rings off ebay as it's a common occurrence in Microman which is what Kicker actually is, look under Microman or Micronauts to find some.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    You can actually by the spare rings off ebay as it's a common occurrence in Microman which is what Kicker actually is, look under Microman or Micronauts to find some.
    That kicker isn't Microman-style - that was the Japanese release. SofaMan's is the US release which is G.I.Joe-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That kicker isn't Microman-style - that was the Japanese release. SofaMan's is the US release which is G.I.Joe-style.
    Which is Microman rip-off Very Early 70's I believe was the first releases but don't quote me on that as it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about something
    Last edited by 1orion2many; 8th March 2010 at 12:10 PM.

There also doesn't seem to be a torso hook - just the screw post extending from the back to the chest. Since the screw would appear to be under the Autobot logo on his back, I'm not sure how to dismantle the thing to get a new rubber band in there.

I haven't dismantled one for a while but look here in case they have a repair bay
    http://www.microforever.com/