Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headmasters DVD Boxset Review.

Default Headmasters DVD Boxset Review.

Ok well, I couldn't find it on the forum anywhere, so I'll review what i have seen so far.

At first, I wasn't entirely sure about watching this thing. Being an all Japanese context, but I then listened to the English dub, and as Benben would say, "GRRR". Its awful.

Any who, after watching 5 or so episodes, switching between the English and Japanese Audio, I realized that, watching it with the Japanese Audio and English Subs made more sense.

Now, so far, with the death of Prime (again), Blaster and Soundwave's demise and res erection (explaining the origin of the Soundblaster and Blue Blaster's... What was his name? Oh yeah! Twincast. Now the Two of them toys make sense to me). The show hasn't been that shocking, weird, yes. But not that shocking, with the Japanese series totally ignoring the US's season 4 attempts, by coming up with they're own idea of the creation of the Headmasters, the show, to me, hasn't really changed witch is nice..

The voice acting has been quite well done, I think. With the Japanese actors giving it a half arsed attempt to sound a little like they're US counterparts. Apart from not understanding a word they are saying, I cant find anything wrong with it... Sept for Wheelie and Daniel, they should be erased

The music score has been tolerable, every now and then I feel like Instruments of Destruction is about to start playing or, Lion's TFTM theme will blast out, and I like that, but some parts remind me of people in cars with the bass turned up to loud, or the inside of a dance club that plays only techno down side for me, but I can live with it. To each they're own remember.

Well, thats my two cents, for now anyway. I will return and update my review when i get further into the series. Anyone wishes to add they're bit, feel free to do so.

TB.

Well I think you are being kind as I have finally finished watching all but the last episode. Let me just say I never doze off watching Transformer cartoons but I seem to do it on a regular basis trying to flog through this series.I must admit it has made me want to chase down Twincast and Soundblaster but other than that I don't think I'll put myself through this coma again.

haha nice review, i loved it the episode where sparkplug gets hurt, with the english sub, every1 is repeately saying his name as Sparkles.

The music soundtrack is corny like the G1 , which i loved because it helped create mood, especially of sorrow.

Overall really enjoyable, all characters had unique personally, except for this two-headed dragon who makes a weird cameo....
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

That's Doublecross. In the G1 comics he was a conscientious objector to the Autobot-Decepticon war.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Well I think you are being kind as I have finally finished watching all but the last episode. Let me just say I never doze off watching Transformer cartoons but I seem to do it on a regular basis trying to flog through this series
    I got half way threw the Planet Beast Episode and got tired, its all the reading and trying to watch the show at the same time that dose it.

I'm not going to stop watching it, I will finish it, however, I don't know if I will return and watch it again. All depends on how I'm felling at the time.
    But so far, liking it.

This Planet Beast Ep is starting to feel like Carnage in C Minor from Season 3 for me. But We'll see.

urgh a horrible series, so bland I had to watch it with the dub so I could at least laugh my way through it rather than die of boredom, that said I'll still get Masterforce since its sopposedly a much better show.

I've stalled on Headmasters at about episode 12 but am loving Masterfoce.

I managed Headmasters and didn't mind it as much although I do agree with the criticism as it is dull and some bits seem very uninspired. Felt as if the people making it weren't interested at all.

However as Paulbot, myself and others have said, Masterforce is a great series and much, much better than Headmasters although from people who only know G1 by the US cartoon, it may require some getting used to.

In Headmasters I'm a bit put off by seeing such season three animation and characters with out the familar voices and music. It feels like I'm watching a foreign language dub of something that feels like it should be in English.

Whereas with Masterforce it's so different from the US cartoon that I don't feel that way, and I adapted to the Masterforce characters easily because I haven't seen those characters in animation before.

I've got Masterforce but refused to watch it until I finished flogging through Headmsaters.