Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headmasters DVD Boxset Review.

Masterforce does make some reference to Headmasters, so it is advisable to finish watching The Headmasters first.

The Headmasters is definitely the weakest of the Japanese series - so if you skipped ahead and watched Masterforce and Victory, you won't want to go back and watch Headmasters. Still, Headmasters is a LOT better than The Rebirth IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Masterforce does make some reference to Headmasters, so it is advisable to finish watching The Headmasters first.

The Headmasters is definitely the weakest of the Japanese series - so if you skipped ahead and watched Masterforce and Victory, you won't want to go back and watch Headmasters. Still, Headmasters is a LOT better than The Rebirth IMO.
    Yeah but its so tiny that its hardly worth mentioning. If you know who Chromedome is, that's pretty much enough.

yeah but it also mentions/references what happens to Chromedome and the Autobots at the end of Headmasters.

Well, I just finished the first disk, after a day's break. The last Episodes were hard to concentrate on, because of a certain female and the fact that I had to read subtitles..

After finishing EP 5, Rebellion on Planet Beast, I was pritty tired of reading subs and hearing season 3 and 4 characters par-trade with unfamiliar voices, but reminded my self watch it and you can be ruler of the world.... Yeah Right!

On the 14th watched The Approach of the Demon Meteorite before I left for work. I quite liked the Episode, everything but the being twisted out of shape thing... It wasn't a bad idea, I felt, but the way it was animated is what turned me off it. But a good Ep none the less.

I had a rest from Headmasters for a day, buy cleaning my brain with some US G1 dvds and answering some Q&A in the G1 Question game.

I felt like watching Headmasters last night, but thought if I watch to much in a short amount of time, I will get really bored of it really quickly. So watched Matilda (review coming soon:P) instead while waiting for Terminator 2 to come on. What a Kick arse movie that is, I fell asleep on the couch after the fist half hour

Episode 7, The Four Million Year Old Veil of Mystery, long enough name you ask your self? As much as I liked this ep, I also had my dislikes about it. This is where the Japanese really go bush and away from the US story line, by telling the story about how the Headmasters were in fact around 4 Million years ago. Ok, thats all well and good, but, what made me think twice about this ep and how believable it is, was. The Autobot Headmasters, after getting stuck in the sand on Planet Praun could get free, by simply swapping heads and transforming, but were unable to get out or transform when they had they're own heads, it just diden't do it for me... And when the Decepticon HMs swapped heads they were still pwned. For me it's just not creditable.

Second last Ep of disk one, Terror of the Six Shadows. I enjoyed this Ep a lot, but, it was quite clearly Sixhot that was the attacker, even when he was engulfed in shadow. How the hell the Autobots, and worse, the Deceptions coulen't see that is beyond even Computron, I asked him my self, he's in my kitchen cooking beans. All in all, I liked the first disk and I know that this second half of my review is a little different then my first, is because, my brain is over come with thoughts and it's about to over heat.

Thanks all, and until I force down the next disk, this Review is on pause..

TB
    Last edited by turtle boy; 16th March 2008 at 02:33 PM.