Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliffjumper Upgraded!

Default Cliffjumper Upgraded!

Upgrading Red Bumblebee was harder than I thought but the effort was well worth it!

Red Bumblebee no more

Can't wait to mod mine! Looks awesome.

looking really good kup. did you not do the front bonnet??

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    looking really good kup. did you not do the front bonnet??
    Yes I did, the difference is small so its lost in the photo.

ahh ic, anyway great job!!! *pat on the back*

Thanks guys!

What kind of glue did you end up using? Can't wait to receive the Perth orders...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    What kind of glue did you end up using? Can't wait to receive the Perth orders...
    I used regular Super Glue.

A big thanks to you Kyle, without your help this would not have been possible. You Rock!

im with you kup - the parts are extremely painful to apply - i was sitting in front of my pc holding the spoiler on forever before it showed some signs of adhesion.... the bumpers are next

also with the engine bits, did you glue them on? the slip of paper said not to screw em in, but i did (carefully) and they sit about 98% as well as the originals - so im happy leaving them like that...

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    im with you kup - the parts are extremely painful to apply - i was sitting in front of my pc holding the spoiler on forever before it showed some signs of adhesion.... the bumpers are next

also with the engine bits, did you glue them on? the slip of paper said not to screw em in, but i did (carefully) and they sit about 98% as well as the originals - so im happy leaving them like that...

George
    At first I was going to use Hobby Glue but I have found it to be hopeless not just with this material but everything else. So I just used regular super glue.

You don't need much of it, just strategically apply it to places that make contact with the surface of the toy. The advantage of Superglue is that it settles quickly so you don't have to hold it for long until it dries. That's the trick.

If you have excess superglue (assuming you didn't apply to much) you can always scratch it off with your own nails when it dries and then wipe it with a wet cloth. It doesn't leave marks, only a white residue which can be wiped.

The trick is to only apply enough glue and hold it in place for at least a minute or two before you move to the next and then allow it all to dry till the next day before transforming.

Important note: The front bumper is fairly fragile so be careful not to break it. The part that I found the hardest by far when it comes to gluing was the rear spoiler mainly due to me being a perfectionist in aligning it right .

The second hardest was the head as I found the Bumblebee head very difficult to remove but it seems that others don't have this issue.