Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help about Strengthening Ball Joints

Quote Originally Posted by 2007464 View Post
    so what worked best for you? Supaglue or nail polish? I am worried that the arm or leg will get stuck......
    did this for the first time a couple of weeks back, and I have to say superglue is better (turns out I had one in the house), I did one hip with superglue and one hip with nail polish.

superglue was good in that one try strengthened the joint by quite a bit, but just have to be careful when applying, I accidentally squeezed too hard when I first did it and it got onto my hands, had to quickly wipe it away and then move the joint otherwise either my hand would get stuck on the toy, or the leg would be stuck forever. just be careful that the superglue has dried, dont stop moving it too early!

nail polish while although easier to use, one layer doesnt didnt do it for samurai prowl's hip joint, had to put two to three layers, I guess this would get annoying if you had to keep popping the leg on and off after every layer to try it out. the major disadvantage for this method in my opinion, is that nail polish stinks (and I hate the smell, although it could be just the one I was using, I dont have much experience with nail polish...)

still, I recommend superglue but only if you're careful enough... it was a pain to get the dried superglue off my hands... (and I got some on my toy and it's hard to scratch off without scratching you toy, *sigh*, at least it's only a little bit)
    Last edited by christalcase; 15th April 2010 at 10:34 PM.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

personally I think enamel model paint that you can buy at any hobby store works the best, though you do have to wait for it to dry before placing the removed limb back on. I used this on my ROTF sideways and Deadend and they are amazingly tight joints now.

Simply paint the ball cup wait for it to dry and press it back onto the ball.
    Last edited by Bumbleb33; 14th May 2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Additional information.