Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Man 2 action figures?

Was pleased to find this little beauty at my local Kmart today. Stupid accessory aside (not sure why Hasbro felt the need to include a silly oversized flamethrower, wouldn't a pop-up missle gimmick in one of the arms make more sense?) this is another amazingly detailed figure for the size. I loved the whole Mark I scene and to have a toy representation of the suit is a real nerdgasm.

Bought the Mark 3 and Comic War Machine, there great figures now to just find comic Iron man and movie war machine tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Was pleased to find this little beauty at my local Kmart today. Stupid accessory aside (not sure why Hasbro felt the need to include a silly oversized flamethrower, wouldn't a pop-up missle gimmick in one of the arms make more sense?) this is another amazingly detailed figure for the size. I loved the whole Mark I scene and to have a toy representation of the suit is a real nerdgasm.

As discussed in the other Marvel vs Toybiz thread, Hasbro seem to be separating the gimmick from the figure with recent toys. I think it's a good thing though, as you just know if they had done a pop up gimmick, they would have robbed the toy of arm articulation.

That particular Iron Man toy has also caught my eye, I'm wondering if it will be one that sells out, or hangs around till they get discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    As discussed in the other Marvel vs Toybiz thread, Hasbro seem to be separating the gimmick from the figure with recent toys. I think it's a good thing though, as you just know if they had done a pop up gimmick, they would have robbed the toy of arm articulation.

That particular Iron Man toy has also caught my eye, I'm wondering if it will be one that sells out, or hangs around till they get discounted.
    From what I've seen in stores so far, Kmart has the most in terms of available stock and variety and is the only place I've seen the LED Mark VI (I looked at 10 at Chermside Kmart tonight, all had atrocious paint apps so I didn't get one ) and Target is the only place I've seen the Centurions-esque concept series ones. I've been to other stores like Big W, Toyworld and Myer and they had bugger all IM2 toys. If you're after Mark I try Target first - I saw 4 of them as opposed to only 1 at Kmart. Hope a LED Mark VI with decent paint turns up at some point!

I've actually seen Mark 1 most places, I just haven't convinced myself to buy it yet.

Bought to many figures of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I've actually seen Mark 1 most places, I just haven't convinced myself to buy it yet.

Bought to many figures of late.
    Oh go on, treat yourself.

After sorting through 15-20 LED Mark VI's I finally came across one with decent paint apps. Wasn't too happy with the mouth so I filled it in with black paint, much better.

something about the triangle thing in the new armors chest just doesnt do it for me. circle light thing ftw!
    ~

Anyone want to guess whether we'll get the Wal Mart exclusives? They come with sets of hands pretty sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Oh go on, treat yourself.

After sorting through 15-20 LED Mark VI's I finally came across one with decent paint apps. Wasn't too happy with the mouth so I filled it in with black paint, much better.

Is that a 6" fig or 3.75"?

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Is that a 6" fig or 3.75"?
    3.75" my friend. Same one as shown here: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...57&mode=retail I highly recommend him!

What are these Wal Mart exclusives of which you speak? Any piccies?