Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic Nefarious

lol yeah im only reading it in case it gives something away for tf3.

I'm reading it. I seriously doubt it'll give anything away for TF3 (just as Reign of Starscream didn't give anything away for ROTF... other than explaining the origins of his tatts )

Right I've read the first issue, now I'm going to read the rest.

From the August Acquisitions thread:

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    How was the last issue of Nefarious Gok? I've been following that storyline for a while too.
    I thought it was pretty good. In typical Furman style the final piece of the puzzle is revealed, making the rest of the story fall into place. There's some interesting twists and revelations that further flesh out the Transformers movieverse lore.

Every comic associated with Revenge of the Fallen has been lacking, but this series is probably the worst. Poor art (by which I mean pencils, ink and colouring) a story that seems to be a repeat of stories we've seen before, meaningless but I guess supposedly "cool" cameos, it was all a mess really.

If you're exepecting something like Reign of Starscream look elsewhere. I hope the Sector 7 series is better but I'm considering waiting for the trade on that one.

I honestly got bored by about halfway through part 3.

Reign of Starscream showed that movieverse comics have potential to be interesting. This is mostly all bad, as Paul said. Especially the art - movie style can be done well on the pages of a comic book but this was not good.

Regarding the art, as I said in the Tales of the Fallen thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    Carlos Magno's art... I'm not a huge fan of. His humans sometimes look too similar; at times I had trouble distinguishing between Sam and Ron Witwicky - but my main gripe was with the way he drew action scenes. His action poses aren't terribly dynamic and his sense of cinematic choreography fails to excite me. Often one panel doesn't seem to 'connect' to what's happening in the next panel with a sense of "visual logic." Magno's art is otherwise not bad and he seems to have the potential to be a decent comic book artist. Perhaps Magno would benefit from having a closer look at Geoff Senior's G1 and G2 art for a better idea of how to 'animate' action scenes in comic books.
    Now compared to his TOTF art I think he's gotten little bit better insofar as the humans not looking quite as identical as they did in TOTF. But I still find his action poses to be undynamic and bland. Optimus Prime leading the battle charge in the last issue looked more like he was slipping on a giant banana peel. When the robots are fighting it looks more like they're just accidentally tripping into each other. I find he draws humans better than robots. Now some might say that this is probably because his prior experience has predominantly been with drawing human(like) characters for DC and Marvel and hasn't had previous experience with drawing Transformers - but I think a good artist would still adapt. Look at Andrew Wildman for example. The man has admitted that he got into drawing comics because he wanted to draw super heroes like the X-Men, not robots like Transformers. And it's obvious that when he was hired to draw Transformers, he simply adapted them into his own style of drawing and made the Transformers look like super heroes! And Wildman's one of the widely loved comic artists from G1 next to Geoff Senior.

The one thing about the colouring that persistently bugged me was Mudflap's head! Were they running short on orange ink??

read the last one

really could have been a 4 parter. the last issue had lots of things all crammed into one. what happened to the all spark? and that freed old robot?

overall bad art. i saw kick ass and watched the comic section great art in there comparted to this crap. rachet wasnt green. art fail, story half fail. which armorhide did they use?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon
    what happened to the all spark? and that freed old robot?
    Fortress took the KO AllSpark and flew it into orbit where it exploded (and presumably took Fortress out in the process).