Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: + John Malkovich, -Megan Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I prefer having her remained as Sam's girlfriend in the 3rd movie than see the character gone all of a sudden. Afterall, she's been involved so much in the first 2 movies already. But I would also prefer they give her minimal screen time in this new one...
    I like the way you think Kyle That's a good work-around.

** POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT **

There was a rumour (which apparently has since proven to be false) that Mikaela will be killed off in the third movie. If this does happen, I hope it's as good as the Zombie Kill Of The Week
    Last edited by 5FDP; 26th March 2010 at 08:07 AM.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Could you please either hide any rumours or give us a warning -- I'd like to avoid reading rumours in case they turn out to be true (in which case it would become a spoiler). Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I hope they don't. While I'm not a fan of Megan Fox (the actress ), I hate when movies cast different actors in existing character roles. They did this in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with Rachel Dawes, Batman's love interest. It bugged the hell out of me.
    It depends... if the new actor is _better_ then I say go for it! After all, most Star Wars fans seem to have liked the fact that the woman who played Emperor Palpatine (and was voiced by Clive "G1 Kickback" Revill) in The Empire Strikes Back was replaced by Ian McDiarmid in Return of the Jedi, who subsequently reprised his role as Palpie in the prequel trilogy (and also reshot the Palpatine scenes for Empire for the redone DVD release). It seems to be a general consensus amongst fans that McDiarmid is a better actor for Palpatine despite not being the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I prefer having her remained as Sam's girlfriend in the 3rd movie than see the character gone all of a sudden. Afterall, she's been involved so much in the first 2 movies already. But I would also prefer they give her minimal screen time in this new one...
    That could work too. It worked with Jar Jar Binks!

"Deysa bombad transformin' mekkaniks, okie-dey!"

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I like JM! This is a positive move...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Could you please either hide any rumours or give us a warning -- I'd like to avoid reading rumours in case they turn out to be true (in which case it would become a spoiler). Thank you.
    I am very sorry Goki. All fixed
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I hope they don't. While I'm not a fan of Megan Fox (the actress ), I hate when movies cast different actors in existing character roles. They did this in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight with Rachel Dawes, Batman's love interest. It bugged the hell out of me.
    It would of bugged me, except they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal which I consider a definite upgrade, but then they killed her of.

While writing her out would suck if Sam's girlfriend actually had a personality we might emphasize with her trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    It would of bugged me, except they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal which I consider a definite upgrade, but then they killed her of.
    How can you say that after seeing the infamous 'nip' scene at the end of Batman Begins
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Heck, John Malkovich would be preferable as Sam's love interest IMO.
    The cracktasticness of that made me LOL

After the 'apparent' diss megan laid on michael during the last movie, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't return. It's not as if Bay wouldn't have any trouble finding a LOGICAL way of writing her disappearance in to the script.

But Malkovich = pure yay!

Quote Originally Posted by RageOnTheRoads
    It's not as if Bay wouldn't have any trouble finding a LOGICAL way of writing her disappearance in to the script.
    A wizard ate her.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Heck, John Malkovich would be preferable as Sam's love interest IMO. Not that I'm expecting (or advocating) that, but yeah he's a good actor, not an annoying piece of flesh.
    I'm sorry, what?

Anyways, I'd like Fox to return. I really would. I don't watch the movies for high level human drama. I never had a real problem with her acting either and she works well with Shia. They do have chemistry with each other, and it's a fun, playfull chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I'm sorry, what?
    I'm saying that while Hollywood would never go there, I'd rather see Malkovich in place of Fox as the love interest. Fox just annoys me. I don't especially want a love story sideline in any case, but Fox is the least interesting option for me.

There are many better (female) options for the love interest of course, and one or two worse ones (Jennifer Lopez for example).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister