Thread: an ozformers podcast?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

an interesting idea, the contents will be quite limited though.

AFAIK, on 2nd thoughts.. the podcast contents could be just a read out of the News Mail that griffin sends out? -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7218

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    an interesting idea, the contents will be quite limited though.

AFAIK, on 2nd thoughts.. the podcast contents could be just a read out of the News Mail that griffin sends out? -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7218
    Having an Australian focus doesn't need to be narrow or limited. We can discuss things that were or are unique to Australia - Australian-only comics and the history of Transformers in Aussie newsagents, Australian distribution - the toys we never got and the 'rare' ones that we did get (and then sometimes shelfwarmed), the often insane prices we pay for toys compared to the US both on shelves and as a result of postage, weird novelties - like a look back at the Peters Transformers ice block (the lemonade/raspberry/cola ones that transformed our taste buds), the history of gun Megatrons in New South Wales from 1984 to today, and so on and on and on.

There's plenty of material that makes Australia interesting and unique, its just a matter of lateral thinking.

Even if we look at the same things, but from an Australian perspective. For example product reviews -- we look at it differently from Americans because we pay more for our stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Having an Australian focus doesn't need to be narrow or limited. We can discuss things that were or are unique to Australia - Australian-only comics and the history of Transformers in Aussie newsagents, Australian distribution - the toys we never got and the 'rare' ones that we did get (and then sometimes shelfwarmed), the often insane prices we pay for toys compared to the US both on shelves and as a result of postage, weird novelties - like a look back at the Peters Transformers ice block (the lemonade/raspberry/cola ones that transformed our taste buds), the history of gun Megatrons in New South Wales from 1984 to today, and so on and on and on.

There's plenty of material that makes Australia interesting and unique, its just a matter of lateral thinking.

That's true... I didn't give it much thought before commenting

I don't really think that an out and out review is the way to go - like cutting to someone to review a figure. However if we could have something along the lines of figure of the week, that is a relatively recent release that everyone on board has or has played with (or even if there was one who didn't have it who acted as a foil for those that did, asking questions and the like) I think that would be top.

I'm really keen for this idea and with the permission of the high ups in here I'd like to get the ball rolling on possibly making a 'pilot' for them to listen to and see if they like it.

Why not add some video too. Upload it to Youtube.

We don't have to be in the video, just have a group of pictures or short clips playing that is relevant to the comments at hand.

I personally don't need a video accompaniment when listening to podcasts as I'm usually doing something else while listening to them.

I think they should be made as audio podcasts, but maybe if you or anyone else wants to, you can make a video versions of them and upload them on YouTube.