Thread: Ebay no longer accepting pre-order listings?

Default Ebay no longer accepting pre-order listings?

I was just trying to see what scalpers are already charging for the BotCon set and the Punch/Counterpunch toy, but couldn't find anything. I then did a search for 'pre-order' and found nothing as well.
    Has there been a crack-down on pre-order listings? Does it have anything to do with delivery requirements (seller has to ship within a set period of time, reguardless of what they say in their listing), which can often be unreliable if an item is delayed from the primary source? Or not getting stock at all as they had planned?
    So is it Ebay putting a stop to it, or just too many sellers legitimately getting negative feedback, preventing them from risking it?

I guess we just have to wait until after a figure's release now, before rushing for it on ebay and fighting the masses.

Question Interesting...

I don't know if there is a policy now in place, but I was just scouring around for some movies and saw quite a few listings for pre-order Blu Ray films (like Avatar, etc) so I assume there isn't?

Yeah, there are definitely pre-order items up for sale on Ebay.

The only rules around this that I am aware of is that it needs to be stated clearly within the auction this it is a pre-order and must have a delivery date (usually 30 days from purchase).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Exclamation Here's eBay's policy...

I did some research into this, here's eBay's official policy regarding pre-sale items.

eBay permits Pre-sale listings only on a limited basis. The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 20 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 20th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form. Currently, the default font size is HTML font size 3.
    Seeing as the items Griff mentioned don't really have a confirmed release date yet (and are too far into the future), that's most likely why there are none listed for pre-sale.

Oh okay... So with only a 20 day window, we probably won't see any Punch pre-orders listed because FunPub can't guarantee a release date, and we wouldn't believe it anyway.
    But we will see BotCon sets listed a couple weeks before BotCon by dealers who expect to be going, and know they are getting a certain number (dealers are allowed to order 2 of each, while real fan attendees are only allowed to order one box set - and each of the bigger dealers can have several assistants, each also buying up 2 sets for their boss's buisness).