Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2939444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Thunder.

So I finally got around to putting into a list of the bands I'll be seeing on a short 2 week trip to Germany (and one day in Austria) Gotta say it's quite an impressive list.

Feb 11th Hamburg
    Sabaton
    Apocalyptica
    Amaranthe

Feb 12th Hamburg
    Abbath
    Vltimas

Feb 13th
    Preparing for a big weekend

Feb 14th-16th Wacken Winter Nights (gonna see as many as I can)
    Baldrs Draumar
    Borknagar
    Cellar Darling
    Comes Vagantes
    Corvus Corax
    Dalriada
    D’Artagnan
    Der Elfenthron von Thorsagon
    Einherjer
    Fairytale
    Fejd
    Finsterforst
    Heidevolk
    Hexvessel
    Irdorath
    Lindy-Fay Hella
    Månegarm
    Metsatöll
    Nytt Land
    Primordial
    Reliquiae
    Sangre De Muerdago
    Schandmaul
    Subway To Sally
    Suidakra
    Storm Seeker
    Thyrfing
    Tyr
    Varang Nord
    Waldkauz
    Winterfylleth
    Ye Banished Privateers
    and many more!

Feb 17th Munich
    Lindemann
    don't know supports yet, if any

Feb 18th Berlin
    Testament
    Exodus
    Death Angel

Feb 19th Vienna
    Rage
    Serenity
    Vanish

The big standouts for me on that list are: Sabaton, Abbath, Borknagar, Cellar Darling, Tyr, Testament, Death Angel and Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    The big standouts for me on that list are: Sabaton, Abbath, Borknagar, Cellar Darling, Tyr, Testament, Death Angel and Rage.
    Definitely highlights for me. There's alot to see. We'll see if Abbath is still alive after his last performance in Argentina lol. Lindemann just happened to be pure luck that they announced a tour whilst we'll be over there. Rage, I've been a fan of for a very long time, and flying to Vienna is the only shot we have whilst there too. We're making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Definitely highlights for me. There's alot to see. We'll see if Abbath is still alive after his last performance in Argentina lol. Lindemann just happened to be pure luck that they announced a tour whilst we'll be over there. Rage, I've been a fan of for a very long time, and flying to Vienna is the only shot we have whilst there too. We're making it happen.
    Just read about THAT Abbath show and at least it's not as bad as Joe Cocker at Sunbury (I think). He was so wasted he got up on stage took a look at the audience and then turned back.

PS. I forgot to mention Lindemann as a stand out.

Just read about THAT Abbath show and at least it's not as bad as Joe Cocker at Sunbury (I think). He was so wasted he got up on stage took a look at the audience and then turned back.

PS. I forgot to mention Lindemann as a stand out.
    I seen a picture screenshot from one of the videos I believe, and he either looks really sad or pained. Part of me thinks something has happened in his personal life that tipped him over the edge. I know he has a kid with his ex which is Demonaz's sister. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it.

Lindemann was lucky. We'd booked a hotel in Berlin that night because we had no plans, so now we go to Munich instead to see them. And in a bizarre twist, Tenacious D is playing Berlin that night instead lol

Keep an ear out for Tyr coming here. There's tix for a show in Canberra in May with Arkona. I haven't seen any official announcement yet though.

I've been wanting to finish a certain big Marvel event with a bang and planned on buying Death Angel's Humanicide and Killswitch Engage's Atonement. Then I find out from Loudwire (the day before I purchased them) that these two bands have received Grammy nominations for Best Metal Performance. Speak of the Devil, huh?

I've been wanting to finish a certain big Marvel event with a bang and planned on buying Death Angel's Humanicide and Killswitch Engage's Atonement. Then I find out from Loudwire (the day before I purchased them) that these two bands have received Grammy nominations for Best Metal Performance. Speak of the Devil, huh?
    Spooky lol

The Týr show in Canberra is still on sale, they brought it a day forward to 14th May. I spoke to Heri and he said was supposed to be announced on 2nd December. But Overdrive seems more to be focusing on promoting their closer upcoming gigs. I wanna see if there are more shows. And am planning on seeing them all.

Oh and I'll be catching Venom Inc this Sunday for their only Aussie show, and it's free heh

Damn, I was hoping Venom Inc. was a tribute band to Spider-man's nemesis.

I went looking for the Abbath concert that you guys mentioned & while it was a bit tamer than I anticipated it was still a WTF moment