Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy-swapping reaches Oz

Default Toy-swapping reaches Oz

The insidious practice of toy swapping has so far seemed to be limited to the US.

However, look at what I found in Target Macquarie Centre today.

Granted, it's not as bad as some examples mentioned on the TFwiki pages (three tomatoes? seriously?), but you do have to wonder how this went un-noticed.

do you think that someone actually brought the original bumblebee and soundwave, went home and then refunded it? or that the person changed it inside the store? I would think it's pretty weird that the person would be able to refund it AND that target placed it back out on sale when there is some terrible box wear already... and as you said, it is actually quite obvious, I mean, products and colours may vary, but I would think varying this much would be a bit too... far? but then again, changing it in store is pretty risky too, there's staff going all over the store these days
    Last edited by christalcase; 14th April 2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: additional comments
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Thumbs down Pretty much shoplifting...

I think this may have actually been done in store since from recollection, the Wheelie/Sideways box set was on special for a very cheap price at Target recently whereas Bumblebee/Soundwave was not.

I reckon some sneaky bastard's decided to swap the toys around so that when it came to checkout time, the price scanned up as the cheaper Wheelie/Sideways pack but they managed to score Bumblebee/Soundwave instead.

Okay, so who was it? Fess up!

(this obviously rules out the MISB and MIB collectors on the forum )

Macq Centre is one of the main places I look for Transformers, I'll be on the lookout for these. Hopefully these stupid people get caught out

Maybe it's some kind of weird variant
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Why would someone do something so amoral and risky for toys? More to the point, why would anyone do it for ROTF toys?

My faith in humanity diminishes daily.

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Maybe it's some kind of weird variant
    +1

I hardly think someone can do this in a fast way. They gotta undo and redo bindings for 4 figures. And for 10 dollar saving?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    I hardly think someone can do this in a fast way. They gotta undo and redo bindings for 4 figures. And for 10 dollar saving?
    What binding? The box is the same size... all they have to do (and it looks like it's what they did) is open the box on the side, slide the cardboard backing tray with the figures still attached and switch them around.

As for the saving amount, well some people get a thrill from doing stuff like this, so often it's not about the dollar value, more so to do with the adrenaline rush

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Why would someone do something so amoral and risky for toys? More to the point, why would anyone do it for ROTF toys?

My faith in humanity diminishes daily.
    Time to change species
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Time to change species
    who said i was human?....