Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: robotkingdom is selling seaspray "loose figure"

Default robotkingdom is selling seaspray "loose figure"

I got newsletter from Rk that they are selling seaspray "loose figure" now. This worrys me!!

The source of loose figure can be the following:

1, factory stocks came out of factory before official release, probably bypassing necessary quality control procedure.
    2, factory KOs.

I don't like to see RK selling loose figure at all coz I don't trust sellers they simply "have" loose figures. If they can "have" some loose figures they paid by kilograms and it is natural to think they might "have" some loose boxes as well. And what are they going to do? Loose figures and loose boxes can be packaged into a "MISB"

If RK start selling loose figures more and more since today, I will definitely not trust them as I did before.

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    The source of loose figure can be the following:

1, factory stocks came out of factory before official release, probably bypassing necessary quality control procedure.
    2, factory KOs.

I don't like to see RK selling loose figure at all coz I don't trust sellers they simply "have" loose figures. If they can "have" some loose figures they paid by kilograms and it is natural to think they might "have" some loose boxes as well. And what are they going to do? Loose figures and loose boxes can be packaged into a "MISB"
    Um... no they can't. You seriously think someone has the toys and boxes, twist ties and stickytape and can be bothered to put them all together? For a mass-market contemporary toy? I'm sure these are toys that have come straight from the factory, but they're not going to be knockoffs. It's dodgy if RobotKingdom is doing it, but it's not worth global panic.

Question Hmm....to buy or not to buy?

Interesting... as Sky Shadow mentioned, I don't believe these are KO's.... they're stamped Hasbro and Tomy (interesting!)

Check it out for yourself!

Now, to buy a loose one for $40USD (inc shipping) or wait for the retail release?

(Also, FYI, it's not the first time RK has sold loose figures that haven't been released yet).
    Last edited by Vector Prime; 14th April 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Default Re

I don't think RK would ruin their credibility to put box and loose figure together, but I still worry if they are dealing with someones who provide loose figures. Aren't they supposed to be dealing official parties (say, account manages from Takara or Hasbro) all to time?

If RK wants load a truck of loose seaspray or leader class starscream, they can do it easily, but that's not the RK I expect. I expect them make phone calls to Takara, take orders from stocks that have been going through all QC procedure.

Cool It's all about the Benjamins....

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    I expect them make phone calls to Takara, take orders from stocks that have been going through all QC procedure.
    It's a business at the end of the day... it's about dollars and cents.

If they can identify an opportunity to turn over a profit on something, why wouldn't they?

Understandably being a business that has a great reputation in the marketplace, they would draw the line at trying to pass off KO's as originals, but if there's money to be made on genuine factory stuff from a different supplier (ie, non-regular factory sources), why not?

These are legit toys, just stolen/unauthorised release. It just means that they are already in production and someone at the factory has smuggled them out (like other pre-release toys we see on ebay, and then on the global forums). The only difference this time is that we are seeing a larger amount of figures than usual.
    The same happened with the first Movie Ice Megatron - there were a heap of that figure snuck out a couple months before its arrival at stores, and RK was selling that one as well.

With production moving to Vietnam this year, this might be one of the last stolen figures to make it to ebay/online-stores.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    With production moving to Vietnam this year, this might be one of the last stolen figures to make it to ebay/online-stores.
    I would bet real monies that this will not be the case

Didn't RK do this with the Universe 2.0 deluxe figures as well? Charging 30US each for a loose complete one?

So... either pay 40USD + postage for a _loose_ stolen Seaspray... or pay 40-50AUD (and no postage) for a MISB Seaspray from your local store. Tough choice eh?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Depends on what security at the Vietnamese factory will be like - but I hope you're right.

As a person who doesn't like to deal with Hasbro Voyager and larger boxes, selling a loose complete figure is perfect. Less shipping cost as well espy if bundled with other things.

However the high asking price puts me off ...a loose figure should be cheaper than MISB.