Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices are cool!

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post

Screw this, I'm going to Canada.
    I have had this in mind for some time, that or going back to South America. This new job that I got recently was the only thing that stopped me from leaving as I want to see if I see a future after a year or so.

I know this sounds depressing but unless you can inherit property from your parents/relatives, I don't see much of a future aside from working your ass off until you die with less and less in return for your effort.

I just bought a house. Settlement is tomorrow. Fairly cheap ($280,000) but still freaking insane. But with the way rents are going (expensive and impossible to get) it was really my only option. It has been a huge effort to get the cash and loan together though.

Congrats! Not bad price really... I'm looking in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I just bought a house. Settlement is tomorrow. Fairly cheap ($280,000) but still freaking insane. But with the way rents are going (expensive and impossible to get) it was really my only option. It has been a huge effort to get the cash and loan together though.
    Yeah Congratulations. An average looking home in sydney can cost you about a million bucks so that price is very good in the context of how things are these days.

A mil? I might consider moving to Perth instead of Sydney then!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A mil? I might consider moving to Perth instead of Sydney then!
    If you are happy to live about an hours drive out of Sydney (an hour drive at midnight Sunday, more like 3 hours in peak traffic) then prices drop down to around $400,000 to half a mil, but thats only places where the house takes up the whole (tiny) block.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Melbourne's prices don't seem so bad then. Although the Canada idea is intriguing too.

I am speaking based on what I heard from my uncle's friend who bought a house in the Sutherland shire for a million dollars and when I saw it, it was a pretty average looking home, nothing special.

137 a litre. Thats cheaper than NZ. Touching 180 for 91 octane, 185 for 96 octane and 190 for 98 octane.

Mainly though we have so many road user charges incorperated + GST .. and they are going to add more in April. $2 a litre by July, espy if the dollar drops.

Least prices don't seem to go up on Wednesday here foe payday and then down by Tuesday. They just go up 4-5c a litre each week and stay there everywhere.

In Perth as in any other city it all depends where you want to live, the prices took a big increase over here when the mining boom started and we had an increase of population chasing housing. The prices have levelled out and in some suburbs even dropped as they rose beyond what they where worth. It is actually a buyers market over here at the moment as there was a massive increase over an 18 month period of available houses for sale, it went from about 7000 houses on the market up to about 16000 which means people can pick and choose and don't have to panic about missing out. Sorry that was off topic.