Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices are cool!

I think the intended humor of the photo was lost.

I guess that the 'l33t' was dround out by everyone's frustration on the currently impossible cost of fuel and living.

I got it...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I get it now. I was reading this thread this morning from work so I was distracted. That's my excuse and I'm sticking by it.

simple dont buy petrol

car pool

or hitchhike

or use a penny farthing

and Kup, you are staying in Australia even if i have to blow up a light house!

I got it, but yeah, the humor was lost with me, I got fuel today, $1.50 a liter. only cost me $7.00 or something, but its still a stupid price.
    It Costs my dad nearly $500 a night to fill his truck up, both tanks full. I'm just glad its not his truck any more.

[Quote]or use a penny farthing

and Kup, you are staying in Australia even if i have to blow up a light house![Quote]

That 1, Makes no sense, how would blowing up a light house do any good? 2, Riding a Penny Farthing is the best thing I have ever heard.... I'm going to try take the one that is on the Island between Albury and Wodonga
    Last edited by turtle boy; 18th March 2008 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I know this sounds depressing but unless you can inherit property from your parents/relatives, I don't see much of a future aside from working your ass off until you die with less and less in return for your effort.
    Not neccasarily. I used to work with a guy who was a complete tool. I mean seriously the guy couldn't divide by 10,000 when working out scheduled servicing for cars. He now owns a beachfront house on the north coast because he went to Mount Isa and worked in the mines for several years. Another friend from Port Lincoln (S.A) works as a deep sea pressure welder on oil rigs. It's a crud job but he only works 6 months a year. I worked nearly 7 years as a commercial fisherman... did I like the job? It had more cons then pros, but the pay was that good that I saved enough to pay for the majority of my house.

Owning a house is achievable it just takes a little thing called sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Not neccasarily. I used to work with a guy who was a complete tool. I mean seriously the guy couldn't divide by 10,000 when working out scheduled servicing for cars. He now owns a beachfront house on the north coast because he went to Mount Isa and worked in the mines for several years. Another friend from Port Lincoln (S.A) works as a deep sea pressure welder on oil rigs. It's a crud job but he only works 6 months a year. I worked nearly 7 years as a commercial fisherman... did I like the job? It had more cons then pros, but the pay was that good that I saved enough to pay for the majority of my house.

Owning a house is achievable it just takes a little thing called sacrifice.
    I have noticed that trades people earn very nice income. Us Office types don't earn crap unless we are high up there.

The jobs that Bartrim's citing have high pay because they're "undesirable" (i.e.: lots of people would rather not do it - as Bartrim said, "crud job") and in the case of deep sea oil rigging, there's the danger pay.

Mind you, my job is becoming increasingly undesirable too (only that I don't get any extra pay for it)