Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices are cool!

Default Gas Prices are cool!

Saw this the other day:

In all seriousness though, stock up before the weekend, because our financially stricken oil companies are in dire need of raising their profits and the Easter weekend is traditionally a good time to raise the ridiculously low low prices.

Last week in Sydney they rose from like 133 to 146 to 149. Its gone down a bit to 136 to 138 now. The rise just 'coincidentally' happened right before the weekend

Gas? Don't you mean petrol? (unless you fill up on LPG) :/

I heard on TV and radio this morning that Sydney-siders shouldn't be paying more than 137 for petrol and that we should definitely be filling up today as Tuesday is often the cheapest day for petrol with Wednesday being the most expensive, but they're saying that tomorrow's price will especially be high because we're coming up to the Easter long weekend.

As benben would say, grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Gas? Don't you mean petrol? (unless you fill up on LPG) :/
    Yes. No, and I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As benben would say, grrr.

Yeah petrol rises by about 12-15 cents a litre from Tuesday evening to Wednesday lunchtime.

Whats annoying is when the news/Current Affairs shows say "Petrol could be up to $1.50 a litre within a week" all they are doing is giving the petrol companies an opportunity to raise prices to those levels whether or not we should actually be paying it, because the Petrol companies can simply say "well it was predicted"

When I started driving only 4 yeas ago I though 90 cents a litre was a rip-off!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

When I started driving petrol was around 40 cents a litre. Ah the good old days!

I wont tell you what i remember petrol prices at but I might add I wasn't old enough to drive.(about 15 cents a litre )

I remember about 9 years ago it was about 60c a litre and my parents would go ape about the ridiculously high priced black gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    I remember about 9 years ago it was about 60c a litre and my parents would go ape about the ridiculously high priced black gold.
    I guess that the previous generation's traditional 'life was harder back in my day' doesn't seem right when said to our generation.

They had dirt cheap housing, cost of living and petrol prices. Right now we face a whole generation who will likely never own a home and pays weekly for rent what someone in the states is said to pay monthly!
    Last edited by kup; 18th March 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They had dirt cheap housing, cost of living and petrol prices. Right now we face a whole generation who will likely never own a home and pays weekly for rent what someone in the states is said to pay monthly!
    Quoting this for truth. That don't understand either, they're completely out of touch. "If you just work hard and save more you'll be fine. You young ones are just lazy and demanding." Even if you point out how the different rises in inflation, median wage, living costs, housing prices etc they still don't get it. A house is now eight or nine times your annual wage as opposed to the three times it used to be a mere 10 or less years ago.

Screw this, I'm going to Canada.