Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP-4S

Default MP-4S

Coming in June, limited to 2010 pieces:

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products...2010/mp4s.html

pathetic
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I kind of like the muted colours because it's so different to what we usually see, and has a nice monochromatic look. But overall I agree, not very exciting would have preferred a new mold.

This isn't Macross. We don't do the *insertnamehere* S thing.

Still, sort of a faux nemesis Prime if anyone really wants one that bad.

Pointless.

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    pathetic
    +1

So it's a dead OP.

I 'd rather it d be a MP dirge.

I came up with this idea 10 years ago!! When I got Jafcon 9 Convoy at first I thought, oh it's just a black G1 Optimus Prime. Then I thought, hey... they really should try to canonically justify this. Since it has Autobot insignias it can't be like Nemesis Prime, so how about "Matrix Death Optimus Prime".

Those of you who attended Sydney SupaNova 2003 may remember this diorama we set up at the OzFormers stall:

21000JPY isn't a bad price considering it comes with the trailer - which will be transparent (ghost trailer?) but at least they put some thought into it and it's not just totally meaningless black repaint like Jafcon 9 Convoy was.

"Sleep Mode"? Is that a backhanded joke about how deaths for Optimuses aren't ever truly permanent?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    21000JPY isn't a bad price considering it comes with the trailer - which will be transparent (ghost trailer?) but at least they put some thought into it and it's not just totally meaningless black repaint like Jafcon 9 Convoy was.

"Sleep Mode"? Is that a backhanded joke about how deaths for Optimuses aren't ever truly permanent?
    Yea, it's pretty bad $$$ considering it could have been another seeker, or anything else really. MP Soundwave would have kicked, especially one that is a working tape player and came with a tape that has the 1986 movie soundtrack on it. Transforming tapes, well, those would be up for discussion.

Sleep mode is something different though, but to me it's just another boring nemesis prime. Yawn.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Oh my god! Someone please stop TakaraTomy from beating that poor horse! It's already dead! Won't somebody think of the dead horse? (etc. etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by MV75
    Yea, it's pretty bad $$$ considering it could have been another seeker, or anything else really.
    I meant it's not bad value for money for a Convoy w/ trailer. Cos didn't Target charge around the $200 mark for their Convoy w/ trailer? And I agree that it's not as exciting as another seeker or a whole new mould -- but it's a limited exclusive, which are always repaints (sometimes retools) anyway. If this was a mass retail release like Ultra Magnus (which I skipped, even when Target was selling them here for $80 a pop) then yeah sure... but as a limited piece, I'm sure there'll be enough interested people who'll pick it up. Let's face it, there are collectors who'll fap over anything just because it's a limited variant (like G1 '84 Optimus Prime w/ red feet - he looksridiculous but the sheer rarity makes him a novelty to some collectors ).

MP Soundwave would have kicked, especially one that is a working tape player and came with a tape that has the 1986 movie soundtrack on it.
    An upsized Music Label Soundwave with improved articulation and other features? (and yeah, he would also be able to play cassette tapes as well as be a working radio)

Transforming tapes, well, those would be up for discussion.
    This

Sleep mode is something different though, but to me it's just another boring nemesis prime. Yawn.
    naw man, Nemesis Prime would require more effort - i.e. retool the Autobot insignia into a Decepticon one. This is far lazier. But it is a better effort than Jafcon Convoy! (see, everything's better when you lower your standards )