Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Autobot leader in the Movie if Optimus was gone?

It was Ironhide who led the counteroffensive against the Decepticons at Mission City - well before Optimus Prime got on the scene. Ironhide even worked with Lennox's plan - "Get to the roof Sam, we will protect you!"

When Prime arrive, he basically followed on from Lennox and Ironhide's plan that was already in motion. Prime was well needed reinforcements for the Autobot-Human alliance, but it was Lennox and Ironhide who'd initially spearheaded that operation.

Cool Ultra Maguns ON!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    We need an ultra magnus.. muhahahhaha... how awesome woudl his semi-trailer be!
    Horray for a white and blue Prime lol (Looks better than blue/red/white)

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    If done right he'd look neat though; a white Prime with ice-blue flames or something.
    That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NEMESIS PRIME; 21st March 2008 at 06:43 PM.

if the movie makers decided to kill off prime, I'm going with nostalgia and selecting hot rod===RODIMUS PRIME.

Dunno, maybe they can re-imagine hot rod into a luxury sports car (ferrari, masarati??) and re-morph him into a bigger "cybertron form" autobot when the matrix is handed down to him (he then trans scans another "bigger" vehicle to fit his size).

I think in the late cartoon no leader ever came close to Optimus except Rodimus . The matrix of leadership made hot rod mature enough in a short amount of time to fill in for Optimus (I also remember that Hot Rod somewhat found it a heavy burden/responsibility filling in?).

In the end though, Hot Rod pulled it off well (against galvatron) before handing the matrix back to the resurrected Prime. After all, he was the "chosen one" to "light their darkest hour" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I disagree. Ironhide seems to be a decent battlefield officer. When Starscream was closing in, it was Ironhide who first transformed and yelled, "It's Starscream!", enciting the other Autobots to transform and prepare for an offensive. Ironhide then quickly ordered Bumblebee to help him erect the Furby truck trailer as a shield/barrier. And he's by no means a reckless gunner in battle - his shots were all quite precise.
    That proofs Ironhide makes a good warrior during battle but definitely not a leader (among the 3). What happened in the end with Bumblebee losing his legs. A real leader doesn't risk his men to get killed or be injured...so still going for Ratchet

Ironhide is ill-suited as a leader on a covert mission like what the Autobots were doing on Earth. He's very good at direct combat tactics and achieving a decisive victory, but not very good at leading missions that require subterfuge and guile.

I don't know if Ratchet's much better though. Remember that Ratchet was in agreement with Ironhide when it came to "offing" Sam's parents for being highly annoying. Ratchet doesn't seem to have displayed much in battle initiative or charisma in the movie - merely following the directions of others.

I think that Jazz would be a good candidate if he hadn't been killed by Megatron as Jazz does show good charismatic initiative. Jazz led the Autobot counteroffensive against Devastator ("Decepticon punk!") and also led the defensive manoeuvres against Megatron; which is where Jazz fell in the line of duty. Had Jazz survived I think that he would've been a good replacement for Prime. And besides, he's next in rank anyway. d:

agreed :P where's sari and her allspark key....

You jest, but give Mikaela something phallic like an All Spark Key to hold and watch the teenage (and adult) guys drool even more!