Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Transfomers Origins WFC Novel *Possible Spoilers*

  1. #1
    Join Date
    4th Aug 2008
    Location
    The 'Riff
    Posts
    10,591

    Default Transfomers Origins WFC Novel *Possible Spoilers*

    From Seibertron

    Developed in close partnership with Hasbro, this is a canonical TRANSFORMERS tale that also relates to, and expands on, the story being told in the upcoming video game, TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron, from Activision.
    Fans will not want to miss all of the details, that can only be told in novel form, the moment OPTIMUS gains “PRIME” status, MEGATRON becomes his arch enemy and leader of the DECEPTICONS and their great civil war begins.
    More at Seibertron

    I for one will be buying this book as soon as I can.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    3rd Jun 2009
    Location
    Blacktown
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    More at Seibertron

    I for one will be buying this book as soon as I can.
    o0o0o0o count me in... definitely a buy for me as well

  3. #3
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    For me, it depends on how good the game is. My merchandise buying is more motivated by how much I enjoyed the parent product.

    The novel however doesn't sound as neither a prequel or a new story to complement the game. The Press release makes it sound as if it is basically the plot of the videogame itself but with more depth.
    Last edited by kup; 28th April 2010 at 03:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    4th Aug 2008
    Location
    The 'Riff
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The novel however doesn't sound as neither a prequel or a new story to complement the game. The Press release makes it sound as if it is basically the plot of the videogame itself but with more depth.
    Yea it does sound that way pretty much. Maybe there is just so much that they can fit into the game so they make a book that goes in more depth. I thought it would be more like the Soul Reaver comic that I got that was a short story as a prequal to the game. Oh wells, I will get it anyway

  5. #5
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yea it does sound that way pretty much. Maybe there is just so much that they can fit into the game so they make a book that goes in more depth. I thought it would be more like the Soul Reaver comic that I got that was a short story as a prequal to the game. Oh wells, I will get it anyway
    Still, a videogame can be an excellent medium to tell a story. That's where between level cut scenes come in and through them you are told the overall story without having to only be limited by the player character's perspective.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    24th Nov 2009
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    8,244

    Default

    I'm buying this regardless of whether I enjoy the game or not.

    I have read many books that have turned out to be as good or even better than the other mediums they are based on.

    Ralph magazine was way better than Ralph TV ever was
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]



  7. #7
    Join Date
    28th Dec 2007
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    14,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm buying this regardless of whether I enjoy the game or not.

    I have read many books that have turned out to be as good or even better than the other mediums they are based on.

    Ralph magazine was way better than Ralph TV ever was
    I concur, the Pre WoW Warcraft novels were freaking awesome and are among the best fantasy novels I have ever read. I was so enthralled by the stories that I finished a whole 400 page book in a day.

    However none of the Warcraft novels retell the story of the game, it tells you a new story within the same world or a prequel/character story. They really helped to massively flesh out the world without contradicting the game in anyway but using it as a basis for 'it's background'.

    Personally, I would have liked something like that, a different story to the game but taking place in the same universe giving you a fresh perspective of the world rather than a retelling of the game campaign.

    I read the novel - The game story is spoiled.

    I play the game - The novel story is spoiled.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •