Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: May Acquisitions

Oh yeah, got this on Monday:

First TF for a month, although I'm not especially worried by that.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Lordy you have to push the crotch part a bit so it snugs the base figures crotch part as well, thats how it stays in place better otherwise yeah it will always fall off. The hip plate is designed to snug there like a jockstarp pardon moi if this is offensive. but yeah thats how it is.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Oh yeah, got this on Monday:

Wow, the packaging looks freakin' sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Wow, the packaging looks freakin' sweet!
    yeah I almost didnt want to open mine when I got it good thing the plastic shell slides off - good ol Japanese packaging, unlike the US version were you have to cut the stickied bubble off the board and thereby ruining it.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The waist piece does fit in securely, it's got a trick that catches a lot of people off guard. Try pushing it into the waist until its framed in place. Trust me, when it goes in it stays in place very well.

I don't have the issue with the hole for mounting the gun but my biggest issue with the mold is actually the giant BFG. I had to strengthen the base figure's joints so that he is able to hold it and even so it looks ridiculous so I display him without it.

Aside from that, it's a superb mold.
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know how much pressure to use on the waist bit, just incase it broke.

I tried the BFG for a moment, but I think it is a little over the top for the model. I think he looks great with the standard Classics UM weapons in his hands.

Picked up the 3 latest TF issues. I read the last issue of LSOTW. Phwoar! Haven't read the others yet...

Today I bought a Universe Legends Class Megatron to go with my Legends Class Spychanger Optimus Prime who's been alone for about 6 years... ...not so keen on Megatron having a giant tank cannon for a right ear though

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Well done on Dinoking hd! I'm jealous (and want to review yours someday).

I had no idea the Air Patrol was so tricky to find... but then I've had them since I was a kid... but it's a great set - congrats (well, 3/4ths of it, anyway).
    is there much to review for Dinoking? Except for the shells, they are pretty much like Monstructor... heh.

Yeah, Air Patrol is tricky to find, especially Blaze Master's copter blades. I think its just a little obscure and the name sounds so like the Decepticon air Strike Patrol...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    is there much to review for Dinoking? Except for the shells, they are pretty much like Monstructor... heh.
    Yeah but I can't review them without seeing them (and yes, I would focus on the shells).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Today I bought a Universe Legends Class Megatron to go with my Legends Class Spychanger Optimus Prime who's been alone for about 6 years... ...not so keen on Megatron having a giant tank cannon for a right ear though
    I try to think of it as a shoulder canon