Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Images of Banzai-Tron (ROTF Bludgeon Repaint)

I think it looks a lot better in those photos than the ones posted earlier. But yeah its a stupid price

Does look alot better, but still, I would rather see it in person to make a judgement whether it's worth it to buy it again.

I'm impressed that the paintjob doesn't look that bad at all, and the main crappy plastic really is the tank treads. Kind of tossing up if I should just get the botcon one though...(bludgeon is this tank and I don't think I want another character as this mould...)

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Apparently it is not just a Botcon one, it is supposed to be getting a wide release.

Looks like I guessed wrong - this looks to be a BotCon toy after all (according to its packaging in the ebay auction below). I guess FunPub can use movie line toys, as long as they aren't in the movie. It still seems a bit too soon for reusing Bludgeon (another 'rule' they once mentioned was not being allowed to use anything less than a year old).
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260596296012

Looks like they are recycling BotCon characters after all...
    (Could mean that the Slicer redeco is possible as a BotCon toy if they are touching on Actionmasters in their Gen2 theme)

Also wanted to add, that the Banzai-tron toy is being listed as general release on a wholesale toy website, so this could just be a chinese factory worker who has access to the botcon baggies, and packed up a different toy to sell it off for more.

I guess we wait until June for the convention, to see for sure.

Griff I'm 99% sure that it's a retail toy, as we
    saw listings fromtarget that included voyager banzaitron a few months ago

But that could always change, however unlikely.

Best thing to do is just wait and see what happens when Botcon comes around, or they announce something.

Everything points to it being general release except for the mistitled auction. Literally every other factor points to it being general release

True, but the bag he comes in clearly has Botcon 2010 on it.

I'm sure this would have come to light with the Botcon organisers, so they will likely make an announcment soon.

Really it is all just speculation until we get official word from Hasbro or Botcon. But the more I look at it, the more I am inclined to buy it if it is a Hasbro release.