Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALL HAIL MEGATRON! - NEWS - coming in July

Default ALL HAIL MEGATRON! - NEWS - coming in July

This quote taken from www.comicnewsi.com

CHECK IT OUT FOR TWO IMAGES, INCLUDING A NEW COVER.
    I'M TALKING IN CAPITALS CAUSE I'M DARN WELL EXCITED!!!!

------------

It’s often said that the true measure of a hero is based on the quality of the villain—and TRANSFORMERS has some of the greatest villains in pop culture. But the heroic AUTOBOTS have kept the evil DECEPTICONS in check—until now.

Starting in July, IDW Publishing will unveil a turning point in the TRANSFORMERS saga. TRANSFORMERS: ALL HAIL MEGATRON, under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). Set one year after the events of TRANSFORMERS: Devastation, TRANSFORMERS: ALL HAIL MEGATRON launches a new storyline that shows what happens when great heroes aren’t around to defend against their powerful villains. The DECEPTICONS, led by the ruthless MEGATRON, have somehow succeeded in dispatching the AUTOBOTS and their leader, OPTIMUS PRIME, leaving Earth ripe for the plucking.

The 12-part maxi-series takes TRANSFORMERS in an epic new direction courtesy of writer Shane McCarthy (Detective Comics, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight) and fan-favorite artist Guido Guidi (TRANSFORMERS Spotlight: Galvatron, TRANSFORMERS Beast Wars: The Ascending). Together, they tell the tale of an Earth decimated by the DECEPTICONS. Where are the AUTOBOTS, and how did they come to be exiled from Earth? Who has changed sides, who will live, and who will die? These questions, as well as the introduction of an all-new Transformers character, will be answered in the pages of the series.

“This thing is going to knock the fans’ socks off,” McCarthy says. “This is exactly the kind of story I’ve always wanted to see done, and I think the fans will be right there with me.”

IDW’s Publisher/Editor-in-Chief Chris Ryall added, “ALL HAIL MEGATRON is what the AUTOBOTS fought so hard to prevent, the ultimate culmination of MEGATRON’s plans. It’s destruction on a grand scale; it’s a story of sacrifice, lost heroism, betrayal, and hopefully at the end, renewal.

“But this series, more than any other we’ve done, shows that hopes don’t amount to much in the face of unrelenting evil. Shane’s story hearkens back to the greatest stories in TRANSFORMERS history, while still feeling vibrant and excitingly new. And the best part is the accessibility of the tale makes this a perfect jumping-on spot for new fans of good comics, along with long-time followers of TRANSFORMERS.”

TRANSFORMERS: ALL HAIL MEGATRON #1 is being solicited for July ’08 release. It will feature a victorious MEGATRON cover by Klaus Scherwinski, as well as a distinctive variant cover by Trevor Hutchison.

--------

How freakin awesome! 12 issues maxi series. Aussie writer. Something different. Guido Guidi!!!

YES!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

I am a bit concerned because while it says it's set one year after Devastation (and is the logical next step of that story, at least the Earth parts) it also asks questions that we already know the answers to (eg why the Autobots left). I would prefer this to be in the IDW continuity and not another alternate reality.

the "who has changed sides" question stands out to me as an indicator that this may not be completely in the main IDW Furmanverse, more likely to be a "what-if" set a year after the "in universe" events of Devastation...

Will be interesting to see, and 12 issues is a long time.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm pretty excited, alternate reality or not. I suspecti it will be an alternate reality but I'm not fussed. One thing i'm looking forward to Guido on art. That's just sensational. It gets me thinking of whether that Mirage spotlight was that far from another story?

im not 100% sure

but i think this is what the comic book guy was telling me about an Australian working on the art work, we'll see in a few months at the autographing

sounds cool, but I'll wait for the trade, as I always do, so chat about it in a year and a bit then? :P

it's in continuity guys. don't take the one year later, changing sides, or new character things to make it seem otherwise.

http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...=asc&start=150

there's a quote from Simon, and in that thread and others Chris Ryall has stated that it's part of their continuity.

also another thing that makes it clear for me is that it's not been branded "Evolutions". Whilst Mirage had an alternate dimension, it was set somewhere somehow into some part of the ongoing. they just didn't wanna make that clear (to me at least - i still didn't mind it).

so yeah. Shane McCarthy is an aussie writer, and Guido Guidi is doing the art. It's been hinted that Josh Burcham will be doing colours (he's awesome).
    Also, the new cover at the link and other places hints that the Decepticons are getting new forms! (Like seeker F-15's!!!)
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Why would Decepticons choose F-15 modes in an age of F-22s?! (o_O)

Still, there seem to be inconsistencies. The Autobots aren't defeated nor exilced yet those are the words that are used. Either way, I'm not fussed. I just wanna see the issues!

Preview art available. Note click on the link and you will see spoilers for characters in the comic

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=153617

All I can say OMG! This looks amazing.