Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron (WFC) AUS release date - June 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    I'm not seeing anyone stocking the PC versions?
    Yea I asked EB and they don't have it in their systems. They have all but the pc one.

Spoke to someone at Activision, and they said they can't give out Recommended Retail Prices... they said that I indeed have to go and do the work myself by researching pre-order websites and checking out different stores.

Was hoping to give you guys some preliminary idea of what each version of the game will be priced at, to save you some time shopping around. But seems we have to do all the work.

I will be changing the release date in the first post though, as they said its out on Wednesday 23rd (apparently they release all new games on wednesdays, kinda like movies are released on thursdays).

They also have no idea when the game will be added to the AUS Activision website, but should be there eventually.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's safe to say that if you are buying Australian retail, you'll be paying too much, and indeed you'd be paying the highest rrp in the world.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    It's safe to say that if you are buying Australian retail, you'll be paying too much, and indeed you'd be paying the highest rrp in the world.
    QFT I don't care if they release it here or not - I am not buying the game locally.

Are any of the versions, have the equivalent of 'region coding' or ntsc/pal only?

If foreign versions of all formats of the game is the exact same as those released in Australia, then importing would be recommended if cheaper.

Since I'll be in America at the time, I'd buy one there if it is cheaper and exactly the same as our release.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the pc and nds versions should be fine, I think the ps3 is supposed to be region free too, but I dunno about xbox.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

PS3 is region free, but apparently there are issues with DLC being compatible with that region's store only. So a US game will work on an AUS PS3, but you will need to get the DLC from the US PS Store as far as I know.

The PAL releases from england are exactly the same as we get here, so there are no issues at all.

I believe Xbox 360's are region coded, and I know Wii's are. Finally I heard a rumour that Nintendo DSi's are region coded, but have no proof either way.

Best bet would be to import from UK for Xbox and PS3 I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    PS3 is region free, but apparently there are issues with DLC being compatible with that region's store only. So a US game will work on an AUS PS3, but you will need to get the DLC from the US PS Store as far as I know.
    Yep that happened to me with ROTF. Atleast now I have a spare game to trade in when I buy War for Cybertron
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I dont have faith in release dates anymore, the other day i went to 2 EBs and a JB Hi-Fi and asked for release dates for War for Cybertron
    the lady at the first EB said "First week of June"
    the guy at the second EB said "Sometime in June"
    the guy at JB said "It's looking like October/November this year"

I think I'll just pre-order it somewhere and wait for the call telling me i can come get it

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I dont have faith in release dates anymore, the other day i went to 2 EBs and a JB Hi-Fi and asked for release dates for War for Cybertron
    the lady at the first EB said "First week of June"
    the guy at the second EB said "Sometime in June"
    the guy at JB said "It's looking like October/November this year"

I think I'll just pre-order it somewhere and wait for the call telling me i can come get it
    I'm surprised that you didn't get the response "If it's not on the shelves then I have no idea when it's coming in". That seems to be the standard response from JB and EB.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]