Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JB HiFi War for Cybertron IDW Tie-in Comic Book

Default JB HiFi War for Cybertron IDW Tie-in Comic Book

Hey guys,

Just came across this on TFW2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...c-book-169728/

I'll see if I can gather some more info about this.
    Last edited by Hursticon; 20th May 2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: *Typo*

I wonder if we can sell it to americans for massive inflated prices and triple the shipping fees.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    I wonder if we can sell it to americans for massive inflated prices and triple the shipping fees.

Hmmm... well, I wasn't going to pre-order the game but this might have changed my mind.

It's payback time
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I doubt it as (like I said on TFW2005) it seems to only be an "Issue #1", so not a one-shot thus the first in a series; leading me to believe this is the beginning of an unannounced comic tie-in series by IDW that will no doubt have at least 6 issues and be available through comic stores and eventually as a TPB.

.....now if JBHiFi had the game with an issue #0 I would be more interested in pre-ordering....as it stands though I'm more likely to go with EBGames who at least has Shockwave and then buy the comics when they become a TPB.

First off, BIG Thanks to Mr_K for alerting the community to this current 'World Exclusive', it actually might interest you to know Mr_K that the floor staff of JB HiFi Wollongong and Warrawong knew nothing about it until they checked their own systems.

Ok, it's not much but hopefully someone will find this info interesting or useful:

The Story So Far:
    Cybertron, the robotic home planet of the Transformers, is in unrest. Violence has started to break out due to a... difference of opinions... between the ruling class and the labor-class. The tension is reaching a fever pitch. As such, the high council has called a meeting to discuss the disputes with two of the labor-class leaders...

Based on selected passages from the novel TRANSFORMERS: EXODUS by Alex Irvine, published by Random House.

Script:
    Alex Irvine

Pencils & Inks:
    Don Figueroa

Colours:
    Andrew Dalhouse

Letters:
    Robbie Robbins

Editor:
    Andy Schmidt

Comic Size:
    6.625" x 10.187"

Page Count:
    16 Pages

Attachment 1781
    Last edited by griffin; 21st May 2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added attachment into post for foreigners

Thanks Hursticon

And thanks for the info! I find it very interesting that the comic is based on the book. This will mark the first time that IDW has produced a comic series that is a (somewhat) adaption of a book?

I was also wondering if you can (without a doubt) confirm that what JBHiFi is offering is the first comic in a series and not just a stand-alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Thanks Hursticon

I was also wondering if you can (without a doubt) confirm that what JBHiFi is offering is the first comic in a series and not just a stand-alone?
    I indeed can confirm that the comic is the first issue of a number of issues and on a side-note, I can also make aware that JB HiFi does not have WFC for PC on their systems which, as my Brother informs me, would suggest that they are unlikely to be carrying the PC version when the game is released.

Thanks for the info Hursticon. That's a shame for PC gamers

whats going on with the PC version?