Thread: Universe/Henkei Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen hip ball joint socket cracking

Default Universe/Henkei Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen hip ball joint socket cracking

My Universe Silverstreak is the only version of this mold that I own, and soon after purchase awhile back I noticed one of the hip ball joint sockets (his thighs, essentially) cracked. Now, both have cracks in them that seem to widen a little as I move the leg around.

Is this a normal defect with this mold/has anybody else encountered this?
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    My Universe Silverstreak is the only version of this mold that I own, and soon after purchase awhile back I noticed one of the hip ball joint sockets (his thighs, essentially) cracked. Now, both have cracks in them that seem to widen a little as I move the leg around.

Is this a normal defect with this mold/has anybody else encountered this?
    I have a Henkei version of Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen which I bought before Universe got released locally. So far there is nothing wrong with his joints despite multiple transformations.

I also own a Universe release of Silverstreak but I have not played with him enough to see deterioration - However his plastic does seem much cheaper than Henkei.

Yeah, my Uni Silverstreak appears to use harder plastic for his thighs than my Henkei Smokescreen.

But I prefer the Uni Silverstreak's colour scheme over the Henkei I like the red wheels and the red, silver-tipped launchers.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Default Re

Maybe off topic,

I have a henkei prowl. The paint quality on door area is just crap.

I would not be suprised if this becomes a fault. With my Silverstreak the legs do not sit on the waist ball joints evenly and the "racheting" or movement of both legs differs because of this. I have found these hips pretty stiff but admittedly have not been looking for cracks. Perhaps you can post some good close ups of the cracks, this would help everybody check theirs.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    Maybe off topic,

Is it sticky paint? Universe, and to a lesser degree, Henkei Prowl had problems with the white paint being sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I would not be suprised if this becomes a fault. With my Silverstreak the legs do not sit on the waist ball joints evenly and the "racheting" or movement of both legs differs because of this. I have found these hips pretty stiff but admittedly have not been looking for cracks. Perhaps you can post some good close ups of the cracks, this would help everybody check theirs.
    Yeah, Silverstreak has weird restricted ball joint hips.

HOT SILVERSTREAK CROTCH ACTION

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    Maybe off topic,

Yes it is. My one had sticky paint syndrome. I literally had to not play with it until it dried after a couple of days and even so there were some damage.

I don't have Prowl yet - advice would be to take it out of the card but leave it in the tray for a few days for paint to dry?

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I don't have Prowl yet - advice would be to take it out of the card but leave it in the tray for a few days for paint to dry?
    Yeah and that applies to both Henkei and Universe molds. It seems affect individual figures at different levels.