Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe Movie Snake Eyes Pics!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I've never been a fan of "Yo Joe" but David Willis over at Shortpacked is kinda bringing me over to the darkside.

I'm hoping there's a suprise appearance of Serpentor in this upcoming movie - I reckon I'd just plain go off.

Serpentor showing up would be like Rodimus Prime turning up in the first Transformers movie, also he has a a divided fanbase much like Rodimus Prime who shared the same voice actor.

It seems Destro will be the big villain and Cobra Commander will be in the shadows, I am ok with this as Destro is worthy, and CC was always protrayed as a clever manipulating overlord in the comic.

When it coms to preferances of Cobra Commanders outfit, I prefer his hood, the visor reminds me to much of the bumbling TV version. However it would be cool if he had the hood but donned the helmet for battle ala GI JOE issue #1.

WOW
    THat actually looks pretty good! :d

I wonder if Cobra Commander is going to be a verbose orator like from the comics. Half the movie might be spent on his dialogue alone!

Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wonder if Cobra Commander is going to be a verbose orator like from the comics. Half the movie might be spent on his dialogue alone!
    I imagine not, but would still prefer that to him constantly hisssssing, one or 2 hisess would be fine I think as a nod to the fans but not every second word. Still I do sometimes wonder if comic Cobra Commander was ever an english lecturer.

It'd be apt if he were saying something while seething with anger and/or pain.

Does anyone know what the level of violence in this movie's gonna be like?

Because on one hand, you have a movie that's very much about conflict/war between two armies (GI Joe and COBRA) with a very strong military theme around it. But on the other hand I wonder if the producers are also wanting to include younger audiences/families which might mean toning down the violence.

The GI Joe cartoon was notorious for its really campy muted cartoon violence where characters shot lasers instead of bullets and nobody ever shot to kill! The Transformers cartoon also lacked fatalities but being robots they did take direct shots, got blown or torn to bits et al. Beast Wars was even worse as it did have fatalities - but again, since the characters are robots it doesn't classify as "death" (as far as censors are concerned anyway)

The Transformers movie had a lot of violence toward robots - again, robots being dismembered and killed, but since they're robots it doesn't count as "real" violence. But the movie did see one human being directly killed and other scenes of suggestive deaths (I doubt the people in that bus that got plowed in half by Bonecrusher could've survived) and that earnt the movie an M 15 rating.

So... what are we gonna see with G.I. Joe? A lot of "suggestive" violence or more direct depictions of violence?

As an adult I want to see more honest violence being shown. And obviously it wouldn't effect me personally if the movie was rated R18. I think that having more watered down suggestive violence might make the movie seem less mature to me.

I'm sure that Hasbro are planning on making a toy line to accompany this movie so... yeah, the depiction of violence is one thing that I'll be taking note of in this movie.

Also - they should seriously do a first person shooter GI Joe game (they should also do a decent multiplayer TF game too)!!

"YO JOE!"
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 27th March 2008 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The US flag on his shoulder looks really corny, but otherwise that's a neat costume
    Are they supposed to be a crack USA team?

I hope to god it's not all "Americe Fuc* Yeah"

Does anyone know what the level of violence in this movie's gonna be like?
    It's a movie based on toys, therefore to make it kid friendly (and sell more toys) I'd say its going to be at most rated PG13.
    So no hardcore rambo style violence methinks.

I'm just gonna bump this old thread.

I've seen the pics of snake eyes and the partial synopsis on wiki. I know I'm foretelling but IMO;

I hope this movie pulls it off. I'm all up for Ray Park as snake eyes, Arnold Vosloo as zartan and Michael Eccleston as destro, but I'm yet to be convinced on storm shadows actor.

Also:

That actor from 3rd rock from the sun better do a good job portraying cobra commander. Wasn't expecting someone like him to portray a grandiose villain.

Channing tatum and Sienna miller. Hope they pull it off as well.

Rest of the cast though, seems alright.

All in all, I think this film will be similar to X-men (God forbid though it turns out like Van Dammes Street Fighter).

What do you people think?
    Last edited by dirge; 11th April 2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: removed colourful language