Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GI Joe Movie Snake Eyes Pics!

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default GI Joe Movie Snake Eyes Pics!

OMFG!!

And he's got the visor! I'm expecting epic fight scenes from you Ray Park!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Paramount Pictures, USA Today
    March 21, 2008

Paramount Pictures has released the first two photos of Ray Park as Snake Eyes in the Stephen Sommers-directed G.I. Joe, coming to theaters on August 7, 2009.

"He's the world's greatest ninja, but he's also next-generation. He's not afraid to use a sword one second, and a split-second later he's pulling out his Glock," Sommers told USA Today. "His chief nemesis is arguably the world's other great ninja, Storm Shadow. The two grew up together, were blood brothers and now are mortal enemies."

Sommers stressed that the movie is an origins story, so his challenge is to explain why the bad guy wears a metal mask, why Snake Eyes doesn't talk and other strange things kids took for granted. "For people who know nothing about it, it'll make sense," Sommers said. "And to people who love this stuff, it'll show where they all came from."

Adapted by Stuart Beattie, the action-adventure also stars Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Said Taghmaoui, Marlon Wayans, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Arnold Vosloo and Christopher Eccleston.
    Last edited by foor; 21st March 2008 at 06:56 PM.

Ok, so was there supposed to be a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Ok, so was there supposed to be a link?
    Tada!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/gijoenews.php?id=6958

Although i only like GIJoe because of vehicles,but have to admit i like what i see.

but, it still will not make a difference for me, if there are no vehicles of interest in the movie.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 21st March 2008 at 08:30 PM.

The US flag on his shoulder looks really corny, but otherwise that's a neat costume

I don't think thats the US flag but rather the Arashikage Clan symbol (the ninja clan of which he is a member).

I believe the said symbol is originally based on or inspired by one of the 64 "hexagram" symbols from the Chinese classic "I-Ching".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_ching

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The US flag on his shoulder looks really corny, but otherwise that's a neat costume
    EDIT: Can't be the US flag... to many stripes.

Ah yes, so it is - the flare from the lighting made it look like it had white stripes too at a glance. ;p Although in the original GI Joe Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow had that hexagram tattooed onto their forearms.

I wonder who's playing Storm Shadow and I'd definitely like to see any pics. I'm personally a big fan of the first Cobra Commander with the metal visor (the one he wore in GI Joe The Movie) rather than the hooded or armoured ones.

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 22nd March 2008 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ah yes, so it is - the flare from the lighting made it look like it had white stripes too at a glance. ;p Although in the original GI Joe Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow had that hexagram tattooed onto their forearms.

I wonder who's playing Storm Shadow and I'd definitely like to see any pics. I'm personally a big fan of the first Cobra Commander with the metal visor (the one he wore in GI Joe The Movie) rather than the hooded or armoured ones.
    Cobra Commander is going to be played by that kid from "3rd Rock from the Sun", ugh... hope he can pull it off. But CC isn't going to be the chief antagonist in the movie, Destro is. From what I heard, this movie will be a "rise of Cobra" of sorts, and CC will be best friends with the main character Duke.

I'm in the same camp, metal visor all the way! But chances are they'll go for traditional hooded.

Storm Shadow? Gonna be played by this guy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Byung-hun