Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2030353637383940

Thread: June Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I got HFTD Ironhide and Battle Blade Bumblebee. Not at all impressed with either and putting them in my new "likely not going to keep would rather sell" pile alongside the Power Core Combiner 2 packs
    You dont like the PCC 2 packs Paulbot, curious, why?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    You dont like the PCC 2 packs Paulbot, curious, why?
    I bought the first three and thought each of the commanders was pretty basic, Huffer is far too simple for instance compared to other scout toys of the same price and size. The extra heads and their reveals are a nice touch but I've no interest in buying the drone limbs so it's an extra for nothing. The minicons annoy me with the way nothing really locks into place. So overall I'm happy to pass on the other figures and spend money on Generations and the off screen HFtD toys instead.

I agree with Paul on the simplicity of PCC Huffer. A lot of Legends are more complex than that. Skyburst is just as simple. Painfully so. The saving grace of the PCC's so far is Searchlight with a wonderfully complex yet graceful conversion. Which really exasperates the split in engineering within the same size line. Generally though they do look pretty horrid in either modes. The proportions are all off and robot modes can be a mixed bag.

Although, I personally love the line due to its playability with the drones and interchangeability. Just put them all in a box and have fun mix and matching without needing to look at manuals for conversion instructions.

Anyway, better keep on topic...

Recently picked up Battleblade Bumblebee, Skyburst + drones, Leader Starscream, WFC Prime & BB and Drift.

I think the Movie line has spoilt collectors (or spoilt it for collectors, depending on your focus on play or engineering complexity), making any following toys judged more harshly in comparisson.

I feel that PCCs shouldn't be compared to Movie Toys in that way, because they have to:
    1 - incorporate a third mode without having too much kibble in the other modes (Searchlight as you said is more complex, but ends up having a lot more kibble in the 2 non-vehicle modes).
    2 - aimed at a younger demographic, based on the easy combiner gimmick and bright blue posts (which were needed after their test group failed to find them easily enough - either a young test group, or a really stupid group).

For me, I'd prefer a simpler toy if it means nicer looking toys (reduced kibble) and better play-value (less time converting when you are playing by yourself or with friends).
    Older collectors who display more than they play, have been spoilt with the Movie line, as they have offered more complex 'puzzles' to work out, and are sculpted/articulated to feature on a display shelf. Any pulling back from that complexity to target a younger age group, or fans of more playable toys, will be looked at as being a bad thing. I'm one who thinks it is a good thing, because we will still have that level of engineering in the Movie toys (which end up being one-off souvenirs for kids and parents who saw the movie), so that we can have a more playable, interactive subline to draw in 'new blood' who come back for more, rather than be put off by (Movie) toys that seem to only interest older collectors.

(I like both for their intended purposes, but see the need for a simpler range to draw in fans (while they are young enough to be into toys), who will then embrace the more complex ones later.)

BTW, for those interested, Eric Seibenaler (who designed the Animated toys), is the one designing the PCCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I got HFTD Ironhide and Battle Blade Bumblebee. Not at all impressed with either
    Why not? Too complex?

I put some comments about each of those deluxes in the review thread.

Power Core toys might be fine for younger audienes and simpler play but as a non-kid I am going to spend money on the other lines instead. It probably didn't help the comparisons to buy Skystalker at the same time as Huffer.

Minnie Mouse, FAB Arcee, Scouts Sonar, Scattorshot and Skywalker from the arvo at Big W, the eve of the toy sale.

And now Mickey finally has Minnie to join him on our sofa.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    God Damn Bots!

Could a Mod please remove fujian90!
    Mods, please do something. I freaking hate spammers... (my site just got spammed over the weekend).

guys
    there is no need to post in the thread asking for stuff to be deleted
    just use the report post button above the post and it will get to the appropriate people

Locked. Spammer will be banned (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister