Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe

Oh, Union Jack and Daredevil.
    I saw those in Targets around Sydney in September, but at $18 they were too expensive for a poor New Zealander and now even more so.

I bought a spare Union Jack to paint for $6 from Kmart so consider it yours Zip. You can pick it up when you see me.

If anyone one wants to go to the Melbourne Toyfair tomorrow, you can impersonate my busness partner cos he can't make it. Meet me at Jeff's shed @ 3pm. PM me you phone number and I'll get you in. Sorry for the late late notice but I'm drunk. I can only get 1 person in so first in best dressed.
    Last edited by Mechbiter; 13th March 2011 at 04:10 AM.

Also I intended to free them all but somehow, that only happened to the Captain America.
    Last edited by Mechbiter; 14th March 2011 at 09:53 PM.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mechbiter View Post
    I bought a spare Union Jack to paint for $6 from Kmart so consider it yours Zip. You can pick it up when you see me.

If anyone one wants to go to the Melbourne Toyfair tomorrow, you can impersonate my busness partner cos he can't make it. Meet me at Jeff's shed @ 3pm. PM me you phone number and I'll get you in. Sorry for the late late notice but I'm drunk. I can only get 1 person in so first in best dressed.
    How I wish I lived in Melbourne...

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    Aren't these the 3 packs we've already seen plenty of?

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2011...arvel-universe
    HAHAHAHA attention fail!

Totally forgot about those guys Meangreen, extra excited now

Some pics of Deadpool and Taskmaster from the upcoming 2-pack, and a few of the Silver Samurai

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.p...ze=600&start=0

My trip to the Austrailian Toy and Hobby Fair last Sunday was a bit of a bust. I got there much later than I intended and it finished eariler than it was supposed to, so I only had an hour and a half to do what I normally do in three hours.

Like Griffin said, the Hasbro stand had some increased security and was more like the Toyworld display (which you cant even get into unless you work for Toyworld). Dispite being a retailer that sells Hasbro products and because I didn't make an appointment, they didn't want to even let me look around.

I talked my way in anyway.

So, the info you've all been waiting for! Yeah, they pretty much had the same display for the Thor & Cap A figues as they did in the US (although I do like the Austrailian layout better). One important thing though... no Marvel Universe figures on display at all. Looks like Hasbro have given up on the line in Oz completely. The rep I spoke to was pretty candid about stuff which was nice, he said that Oz just didn't have the market to support every wave, let alone every line that comes out. (I should point out that because there was no movie this year, there was no Gi Joe either)

Oh and I did ask them about about how they plan to market the Cap & Thor stuff considering how little support there was for the MU line (and Wolvie & Iron Man for that matter) and the response was? We are going to let the movies support the line with only some minor instore & catalogue support. So there you go... another massive company that thinks their shit is going sell itself. Expect a repeat of the Wolvie & IM experiance.

As for the rest of the fair this year, it was completely disappointing. Don't expect any new mind blowing toys this year. (Although some of that new Lego stuff is awesome). Everyone was basicly peddling the same stuff as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechbiter View Post
    I talked my way in anyway.
    HA! NiceOne!

Total shit about future MU lines hitting our shores, but a fact I seem to have come to terms with subconsciously, we knew it wasnt looking hopeful...

Also, weak about the promo for Thor and Cap, or lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    HA! NiceOne!

Total shit about future MU lines hitting our shores, but a fact I seem to have come to terms with subconsciously, we knew it wasnt looking hopeful...

Also, weak about the promo for Thor and Cap, or lack there of.
    Hmm, not a single surprise there. At least I know I'll be able to pick up what I need from the first waves of the Cap line further down the track, and for a fiver each, just like Iron Man 2...

Smooth moves though Mechbiter.

Yeah, gotta give the guys props!

Recently (think I mentioned it previously) I've just ordered mine from PREVIEWS magazines @ my local.

IMO the price aint bad, only problem is, they take so figgin' long to arrive