Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10202526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe

Hmm, Let's see. I think I might jot down some quick highlights of mine.

-Daredevil/Bullseye set.
    -Beta Ray Bill
    -Hercules
    -Scarlet Witch
    -New Punisher
    -New Hulk
    -Retail Age of Thunder Thor
    -FOOM!

Yup, that sure blew away all expectations I had for this years SDCC reveals. Now, I know it may be cliched but I just have to tell you all that I most certainly am going to be broke.

I'm already broke, have already missed the Cable wave and can see me missing quite a few of the new ways. They all look so good!

Had my Apocalypse figure arrive in the mail today, great figure although when I removed it from its packaging I noticed my hands were covered in some type of sticky substance. Now before cheeky members jump on it, no I wasnt over-excited with the toy :P. Anyhow back to the substance, its some seriously disgusting stuff, clear but almost impossible to remove. I gave him a "bath" in some warm water but still it remains. Everytime I touch him it gets on my fingers again and I have to repeatedly wash my hands to remove it completely. Frustrating to say the least.

Anyone else here have this figure or another with the same type of stuff on it? Open to any suggestions for its removal.

I have the figure, but all of my MU's are still packaged.

Could you see it through the packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Could you see it through the packaging?
    I couldn't, even looking at the figure out of the box it would be hard to tell although when light hits him he turns shiny. Might be an oil of some type.

Hmm, have you tried a gentle detergent of some kind? Even dishwash liquid? That might be enough to cut through the gunk without harming the figure.

My only guess is that it could possible be a mold release fluid or something? It's not a very sound theory but it's the best I can suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    Hmm, have you tried a gentle detergent of some kind? Even dishwash liquid? That might be enough to cut through the gunk without harming the figure.
    It worked a charm! Im in your debt

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    My only guess is that it could possible be a mold release fluid or something?
    No idea what it was but you could very well be right. All I know is that it was clear, oil-like and very sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    It worked a charm! Im in your debt
    No problem Omega!

I've just got to post a quick picture of my recently acquired Titanium Man. What a beautiful figure, it's just a pity his shoulders don't have full movement.

Awesome photo Meangreen. So much better than my crappy photos, taken hastily under bad light. Gives you an idea what I got though. Sorry these photos are crap & about 2 weeks late. Hopefully one day soon I'll have 'spare time' again.

As you can see, now I have a little extra cash I've gone a little silly.

Nice work scoring the Avengers & X-Force pack Mechbiter, both are great looking sets Ive had my eye on for a while.

Nice to see some photos Im waiting on 4 more figs in the mail, once they are here ill join you guys in adding some pics.