Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9192425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I bought the giant size Xmen 6 pack from Toys r Us sale today. I almost didn't though, I had to look through all the stock to find one with acceptable QC. I recommend having a look at the figures before you lay money down for one of these.
    That's a good call on any toy but yeah, I notcied faults with a lot of the Thor toys. Finally found a Loki on the weekend and it was missing a huge amount of paint in the neck join.

So far I've had a good run with the main MU line.

Scored a Galactus yesterday, had such a hard time deciding which version to grab but in the end I went with the variant and happy I did. Great colour scheme, IMO he looks much more threatening when compared to the reg colouring. Its an excellent figure and I recommend anyone that hasnt grabbed one yet to do so.

I have a question for my fellow MU collectors, the Dr. Strange that is due to come out, I did a quick search on Ebay hoping to find one, came across this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MARVEL-UN...item3f0bad9153 - Is this an indiction that this figure is going to be hard to get? That price for a loose MU figure has me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Scored a Galactus yesterday, had such a hard time deciding which version to grab but in the end I went with the variant and happy I did. Great colour scheme, IMO he looks much more threatening when compared to the reg colouring. Its an excellent figure and I recommend anyone that hasnt grabbed one yet to do so.

I have a question for my fellow MU collectors, the Dr. Strange that is due to come out, I did a quick search on Ebay hoping to find one, came across this one - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MARVEL-UN...item3f0bad9153 - Is this an indiction that this figure is going to be hard to get? That price for a loose MU figure has me worried.
    Good job on Galactus. I'd go for the variant myself too, he looks much more respectable.

As for Strange, he shouldn't be that much harder to get than any of the other sought after figures from previous waves (barring Thanos perhaps). Being shipped two to a case should help as well. The only main issue is that he has a variant "phasing" version. It will probably take a while for the "new wave" syndrome to wear off too.

I wish I had news to report on my end but I've had an MU dry spell lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Meangreen View Post
    Good job on Galactus. I'd go for the variant myself too, he looks much more respectable.

As for Strange, he shouldn't be that much harder to get than any of the other sought after figures from previous waves (barring Thanos perhaps). Being shipped two to a case should help as well. The only main issue is that he has a variant "phasing" version. It will probably take a while for the "new wave" syndrome to wear off too.

I wish I had news to report on my end but I've had an MU dry spell lately.
    i kno whow you feel i have barley purchased a MU figure in a while.. the xmen boxset at toys r us did interest me but then i am starting to think maybe i should off load the ones i do have and save me the pain and suffering like legends....

(actually contemplating ofloading them all when the time to move house comes....i just dont think i will have space for them anymore..)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Sharky, what pain did you go though with Marvel Legends? I was under the impression that most of it was released over here?

I'm much happier with the MU line over the ML line but that's just probably just the GI Joe fan in me coming out.

I hope you don't give up on the line Sharky but obviously if you do decide to dump your stuff, make sure you give the lads here a go first. It'll probably make it easier for you too knowing thier going to a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechbiter View Post
    Sharky, what pain did you go though with Marvel Legends? I was under the impression that most of it was released over here?

I'm much happier with the MU line over the ML line but that's just probably just the GI Joe fan in me coming out.

I hope you don't give up on the line Sharky but obviously if you do decide to dump your stuff, make sure you give the lads here a go first. It'll probably make it easier for you too knowing thier going to a good home.
    i think there was alot of stuff we didnt get even the later waves of the ironman figs were hard to find not to mention the pain of the prices that they charge at retail here... i did think about ordering them offline, but it was always one of those things i never got around to do.

as much as i love the marvel stuff its not so much giving up on the line it is more i have reached that point where room is the problem. and with other things i collect (Transformers) being the "primary collection" and with the new house almost completed there will be less room for all the collection. a choice has to be made like i made with Cars and He-Man....i cant collect everything!!

and if or when it reaches that time to go, you have no worries as it will be offered up here first as i know they go to good homes..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    ... and with the new house almost completed there will be less room for all the collection.
    Heh, I had the opposite happen. When I moved house, I got more room for collecting. Although I'm getting to the point where I might have to move again, just so I have even more room for crazy things.

My BBTS delivery has arrived! Woo! I'll try and post pics tonight after work when I open that sucker up.

Woo! Show us watcha got Mechy!

Also, I hope everyone has been looking at all that new SDCC MU stuff. It's absurdly cool! Absurdly!

Even some of the ML stuff is awe inspiring.

I'll let you guys find your own links though...

Of course we have 'Green

All moved into to our new apartment, so y'all get picks from this weekend too.

Believe it or not...