4 10.81%
  • No

0 0%
  • Doesn't interest me

2 5.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So technically speaking the origin of the term Seeker is from those obscure catalogues, but its usage among fans was probably coincidentally coined by online fans in the early days of the internet.
    I don't think it was coincidental, though - I think it was a case of a handful of fans legitimately using the term, but not remembering exactly where the phrase came from. I still remember the day that catalogue was rediscovered - until then I'd always been against the use of 'Seeker' and instead supported 'Skyraider'. 'Tetrajet' was also popular at the time. (And there was 'non-Blunderscrounge', which was randomly coined in one of my rants and yet it somehow made it into the Transformers FAQ: http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~s...s/glossary.php)

If that is the actual wording of the catalogue, surely it's referencing heat seekers/missiles?
    Plural on Seekers doesn't make sense when they're talking about 1 plane!
    Capitilisation implies the Seekers have personality though, and the sentence on Soundwave doesn't exactly make my theory sound

For a long time I also preferred using the term "Sky Raiders" too. It's only been quite recently that I've come to accept "Seekers" for my personal lexicon.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat
    If that is the actual wording of the catalogue, surely it's referencing heat seekers/missiles?
    But only _one_ of the Decepticon jets has heat seeking missiles (Skywarp).

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat
    Plural on Seekers doesn't make sense when they're talking about 1 plane!
    And one Decepticon isn't an Armada! And the story of Transformers Armada isn't focused around a Cybertronian armada!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I'm a fan of Thrust too, but....

...I also have a Robots in Disguise Ramjet (which basically has most of the same mold as Generations Thrust, apart from the stabilizer packs and wing position) and when comparing the quality of the plastics, Thrust seems to have a more subtle, not-so 'strong' plastic feel to him.

I don't know if anyone else notices this too but my Thrust doesn't fit together as tightly as Ramjet, one example is where the Rear-nose of the plane pegs into the body in Alt. mode (seen looking down on the alt. mode) - both toys have the exact same transformation and parts at this region yet Thrust just feels somewhat weaker. Maybe it's because of the colour tat Thrust is, being a nice, glossy like maroon?

What are your thoughts?
    Yes, I did notice. I also compared thrust to my ramjet and something about thrust feels more, Im not sure what word to use, brittle? (In comparison)

Also, I had had to shave down a few parts of the figure (Gunpla people call them nubs) because of excess flak/shavings. It just really bothered me but I think most people won't care.

Could just be mine though but they were really noticable because of the colour scheme. I still like the figure, but wish it had a better finish.

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Yes, I did notice. I also compared thrust to my ramjet and something about thrust feels more, Im not sure what word to use, brittle? (In comparison)

Also, I had had to shave down a few parts of the figure (Gunpla people call them nubs) because of excess flak/shavings. It just really bothered me but I think most people won't care.

Could just be mine though but they were really noticable because of the colour scheme. I still like the figure, but wish it had a better finish.
    Yeah, brittle is the term I looking for. I was thinking maybe the quality of the plastic is contributed by its colour. What I mean is that maybe Thrust feels more brittle because his maroon-plastic is weaker than the white-plastic on Ramjet. Something to do with plastics and chemistry? It's been so long since I did chemistry back at High School lol