Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To old to collect TFs?

I'm 35. Some of my reasons:

With Alternity, we have the greatest engineering to date.
    With Animated and Disney, we have some of the most divergent lines ever.
    With Classics, Universe, Henkei and Generations, we have modern G1 tributes.
    With Encore, I can catch up on some of the G1 I'd otherwise be unable to acquire.

I'm also enthusiastic about indoctrinating the next generation.

Decepticon Guest

Im 35 and I collect TFs. I obviously dont play with them. I love the engineering side of it. and pose them in certain ways. Though I grew up with G1 I dont collect them now as they look primitive and boxy these days. Collect mainly the Universe/Cybertron/movie realistic figures.

Been a while TP&E. Im 37, it took me up til this age just to complete ( as per my definition of complete) my G1 collection. Sometimes I do look at my collection and sigh, I do at times get that feeling am I getting too old for this, but then taht is why I have planned out from the beggining of my collecting to HAVE a collection / toy room..... and now I have one it keeps my mojo when Im down, when I feel like nah I had enough , all I need do is lie there in the middle of the room, take deep breathes and sigh, IM HOME every worry just fades away with all my "children" here, heheheh. G1 will always be my fave, so I make it a point now to take at least 1 toy and play , fiddle, transform, pose it. Its a very pleasant surprise to find some features on an old toy you never noticed before when you first played with it. I say ones never gets old for these fellas just more appreciative....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Been a while TP&E. Im 37, it took me up til this age just to complete ( as per my definition of complete) my G1 collection. Sometimes I do look at my collection and sigh, I do at times get that feeling am I getting too old for this, but then taht is why I have planned out from the beggining of my collecting to HAVE a collection / toy room..... and now I have one it keeps my mojo when Im down, when I feel like nah I had enough , all I need do is lie there in the middle of the room, take deep breathes and sigh, IM HOME every worry just fades away with all my "children" here, heheheh. G1 will always be my fave, so I make it a point now to take at least 1 toy and play , fiddle, transform, pose it. Its a very pleasant surprise to find some features on an old toy you never noticed before when you first played with it. I say ones never gets old for these fellas just more appreciative....
    Yes it has been a while.I do pop in at times as a guest i think this site is great to see whats going on in the Tf world. I noticed i have even been demoted from a delux member to just a member.I find that in its self as a bit harsh but what can you do. Family kids worken many hours takes its toll and time is hard to come by to play a major roll on ozformers.This site has been good to me though. The G1 collection i have does hold a lot of centamentil value and brings back many fond memories as a kid especialy the tapes like ravage and lazerbeak.I could see my self selling my movie series but never my g1. My son doesnt understand and looks at me weird when i pick up a tf as if to say dad arnt you to old for that?

hehhehe, well if he ever does say that to you TP&E, you can always retort, NO, your just to young to understand ...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

for me when i look over all my tfs i think to myself i could have left the money in the bank and have a few 1000 by now. its like a smoker with a 20 a day habit. could the money be better spent on other things? i know if i had a gf money would be spent on her, but then she may dump me and it would feel like maybe i wasted all that money on her, per my ex

i say if u get enjoyment from it thats all that matters. do what feels right to u

I've been collecting and playing with Transformers since 1984. They're just damn fun toys to play with and I love the lore. I had people tell me I was too old for Transformers as early as 1985 - I didn't listen to them then, I sure as hell wouldn't pay any attention to such comments now!

I have a room in my house that isn't just a collection room, it's my play room. I still do the whole fantasy play thing - story, voices, sound effects etc. Just yesterday I was playing around with WFC Optimus Prime, Drift, my PCC Commanders, moofie Scattorshot, Cybertron Scattorshot, Animated Cliffjumper, Animated Blitzwing, Animated Dirge, Animated Thundercracker and Crossovers Battle Droid/Tank. You can read about it later on the Toy Story thread.

I think I'd stop collecting Transformers if I ever stopped playing with them. Which thankfully I never have. Although I have stopped playing with some other toy lines, which I will be putting up for sale soon.

I really like my toys, and they keep me happy right now. Yes, there are always better stuff I could have spent my money on, but there are also worse stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Yes, there are always better stuff I could have spent my money on, but there are also worse stuff out there.
    That's a good point. I always remind the wife that I could be going out to the pub every week and spending money on alcohol but instead I choose to spend my money elsewhere. You'd be surprised how effective this works
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Collecting Transformers: It's Better Than Doing Crack.