Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: To old to collect TFs?

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    So, I will stop because there will be nothing that I want left to buy. By stopping in "3 or 4 years", I mean that I will very likely even have sold off all my G1 collection by then after I've had a chance to enjoy them in their entirety for a few years and maybe even have gone to Botcon 'secure' in the feeling that there is nothing I want to buy.
    Well, when that time comes please keep me in mind. I'd like to see that your collection goes to a good home. No need to thank me
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well, when that time comes please keep me in mind. I'd like to see that your collection goes to a good home. No need to thank me
    Was thinking the same thing

From the real old fart on this board(at least I think I am lol) you are never to old to be a TF collector. My enthusiasm did wain for about 8-12 months at one stage but I just reduced my interaction and buying, then all of a sudden BAM! I was getting all excited about TF's again and it was full steam ahead

im 28 in a month and actually only started collecting last year after i turned 27. i really liked the masterpiece and henkei/classics line which is what i collect. i dont have the time and money for g1 so avoiding it as much as possible but the new g1 seacons has got me really interested.

the new war for cybertron toys are good too, so i will be collecting them as anyone here who has played against me online (ps3) will know how nuts i am in the game.

my partner makes fun of me for collecting transformers but its preferable to say smoking or excessive drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah but that's entirely different from actually quitting Transformers. If anything, it's stopping because you're collection is complete.

That's cool. I'm surprised that you won't be a collector for life though. But not all Transformer fans are collectors.
    that's true what you say, it's stopping not quitting. Thought I was answering the question - too old to collect. If I stopped, it'd effectively mean stop collecting. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing
    I know I can trust you guys to give my stuff a good home. That's still some years away though.