Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers Prime synopsis?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Dude, what's wrong with you? You should know that is a very silly thing to say.

Design and story continuity are two different things. It has been made clear so far that they are not within the same story continuity despite Bumblebee's movie design similarities.
    I'll get this out of the way since it seems to be confusing, the story is not the issue. Leave that at that.

The fact it looks like the movie version but drawn is clear it is taking from the movie universe in that of itself. Call it marketing and "identity" tie-in if you want. There will be another movie following this cartoon run afterall.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

"This all-new graphic novel adventure leads directly into the all new Transformers: Prime animated series! In this epic first adventure, battles across Cybertron have left Bumblebee and his fellow Autobots in need of a new leader. But is there anyone who can step forward against the threat of Megatron and the evil Decepticons?"

GOLDBUG!

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I'll get this out of the way since it seems to be confusing, the story is not the issue. Leave that at that.

The fact it looks like the movie version but drawn is clear it is taking from the movie universe in that of itself. Call it marketing and "identity" tie-in if you want. There will be another movie following this cartoon run afterall.
    Yeah but you were replying to my post and that was referring to story continuity

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    You guys get out the pitchforks now, but then you'll jump on the bandwagon of [insert line] once it starts up

As for the Bumblebee namedrop, it's probably just that - a namedrop of a well-known "character type" and trademark. From everything I've heard, War for Cybertron is a prequel to TF Prime, what with the similar "a new Autobot leader steps up in their darkest hour" storylines.
    There is conflicting Primary sources on that. We have the head game designer specifically saying that this is a G1 prequel several times. We only have one source at Hasbro saying that this is a tie in to the new cartoon.

My theory is that Hasbro wants to 'shoe-horn' the game into TF: Prime despite them both originally being designed as separate universes. Of course, we won't know this for sure until we see the game story first hand but my common sense and gut feeling tells me that the game designers did not have TF: Prime in mind during most of the development of WFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    "This all-new graphic novel adventure leads directly into the all new Transformers: Prime animated series! In this epic first adventure, battles across Cybertron have left Bumblebee and his fellow Autobots in need of a new leader. But is there anyone who can step forward against the threat of Megatron and the evil Decepticons?"

GOLDBUG!
    Why not, in G1 bio it says he's got no known physical weakness... better than Prime then and he can travel undersea as well also he's mentally adjusted already that he doesnt need to look up to his "idols" anymore, he's his own bot
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]