• Only if cheap

8 34.78%
  • No

3 13.04%
  • Doesn't interest me

5 21.74%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - HFTD Deluxe Ironhide

I got this guy on the weekend, and I agree with Stompy, he is equal to the voyager, both sizes have their pros and cons. I do like the small size as I want Autobots I can pose fighting Decpticons who are generally of a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

My Voyager Ironhide's chest connects into place... it's not a terribly strong connection, but it connects. My Deluxe Ironhide's chest just doesn't connect at all!
    Mine does, though as Paulbot said the chest is a bit of obstruction to the poseability of the arms. Again here IMO he is neither better or worse than his big relative.

Seeing as I hate the voyager mold...this
    deluxe version of Ironhide is a real blessing...

Absolutely love this toy, it's a big improvement over the voyager for me. Once you've got the transformation down pat it's great fun to switch between modes, and most parts slot together beautifully. Like deluxe Ratchet, the detail here, particularly in robot mode, is fantastic. I like his accessory too - I imagine it to be his little three legged sidekick who blinds Decepticons with his powerful light-beam eye attack.

I was really looking forward to this guy. But i'm very disappointed. It's stumpy, there's too much blue And I was really hoping for something along the lines of Deluxe Rathcet. He might grow on me in time but I'm still annoyed.

this is a good mold of mb movie ironhide-cool weapons & drone.i like the tyres under his feet (as opposed to voyager class tyres on calves)....
    although....
    finally after three sessions of dismantling this figure he is fixed!
    for my figure the parts in the body which the whole arms screw to,where on the wrong sides(left on right/right on left)and these parts where not fully screwed in either,preventing ironhide's head from fully extending and not allowing his head and chest parts to connect up properly.(hunch back mode?)
    although this was a pain(QC) and i waited for clearance pricing before purchasing,in my opinion it is a figure worth having for mb movie fans.

I own this dude and also 2 Voyagers, the greg one and and bluish one.

Jay is probably going to flog me for saying this, but I actually like the Deluxe on too.

The bluish one I have problems locking in the bonnet. This has probably spoiled my experience and views on the Voyager Ironhides.
    I'm walking away from Transformers. Check out my sales thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...089#post314089