• Yes

15 51.72%
  • Only if cheap

4 13.79%
  • No

1 3.45%
  • Doesn't interest me

1 3.45%
  • What, another Movie Bumblebee? I already have enough!

8 27.59%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - HFTD Battle Blade Bumblebee

You know what. Don't trust the Stompy brand too quick. I got them both out and really had a good look. Here's a comparison photo:

HftD Battle Blades Bumblebee on the left and DotM Bumblebee on the right.

Before I elaborate, the HftD Battle Blades version is better.

After carefully inspecting both, I noticed that they are near identical as a mold, with the DotM version just smaller. The DotM version shares the exact same conversion bar the little grills on the abdomen of the HftD version and almost the same sculpting. The arms aren't as small as I remember on the HftD one.

The DotM would have been great if it had a neck. The HftD Bb has a neck and really gives it a better stance and presence than the neckless DotM version.

HftD Battle Blade Bumblebee

DotM Bumblebee

Another plus on the HftD Bb has the Autobot insignia popping up as a crest on the chest. Then the paint apps and the weapons making it a much better version than the DotM.

The DotM version has a different elbow bend though that allows its hand to be parallel to the bend rather than the HftD's palm towards the elbow. Which allows for much more natural looking poses than the HftD's arms, which makes it look moneky-ish in poses (see close up above of HtfD version) due to the bend.

HftD on the left, Dotm on the right.

The HftD Bumblebee can only bed its arm 90 degrees while the DotM version can bend to almost 180. Knee articulation are the same and is pretty crap in both figures:

HftD on the left, DotM on the right.

So, STL, I hope you haven't bought the DotM Bb yet! It's still a good Bb and better than all other ones in the movie line except for the HftD version.
    Last edited by Stompy; 19th June 2011 at 08:28 PM.

Well, I didn't get HFTD Bumblebee -- it doesn't interest me because it's yet another ROTF Bumblebee which I don't need. Even though I can see that DotM Bumblebee isn't as good as HFTD Bumblebee, between the two I'd rather have DotM Bumblebee simply because it's a "new" version of Bumblebee.

But for those of you who have HFTD Bumblebee, I can see how DotM Bumblebee might not be worth it. I suspect that parts of the DotM toy was compromised in order to compensate for the MechTech gimmick. You know how Hasbro are -- they budget every last drop of paint on a toy... any change in one area means something has to be sacrificed somewhere else. (-_-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    You know what. Don't trust the Stompy brand too quick. I got them both out and really had a good look. Here's a comparison photo:

[snip great comparison pics and review]
    This is why I trust the Stompy brand.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection