Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: *Bigw Toy sale 1st july*

just got back from the sale. managed to get wfc optimus & bumblebee and thrust but no drift

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    just got back from the sale. managed to get wfc optimus & bumblebee and thrust but no drift
    Were they discounted, or still regular price?

For those trying to get HFTD, Generations or any other figures matched to the catalogue prices, check out Kaiden's post. (challange them on the wording of the catalogue, rather than accepting their own internal product codes that scan up the prices on their computers)

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    Still regular price

Big W Southland as at 12am.

Had heaps of the HFTD Deluxes at $18.66, they are located at the shelf near the cosmetics! A few walks around the store and Icy and I still could'nt find it, we had to ask the store person!

Also had TF2 Movie Shadow Megatron and Prime at $67 - with or without the free deluxe figure. Also had Leader Starscream but not on sale at $88. The FAB Skids and Mudflap is situated all the way the other side where the dog food is.

Also has the various scouts for $8.76, no FAB at $12.76 left except Blackout.

No generations deluxes nor were there any voyagers except Payload and Ratchet (Yellow box) which were still scanning up as $48..
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Just reposting this :

Was at the midnight toy sale looking for Generations. The prices scanned at 24.66 and the guy from toys had to come out. He checked his store copy and said the code is different and I told him the catalogue said "TFs Deluxe Figures #Assorted styles" (I had noticed TFA deluxe figures too.) And he said okay $18.66ea it is.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My Big W has zero deluxes, even before the sale started. Very poor. However I did take the catalogue to Toyworld and asked them to price match what they had in stock and they did after some reluctance. But their stock is slim pickings...

Yeah, don't come to Darwin. We got no Transformers....

My Big W has zero deluxes, even before the sale started. Very poor.
    This has been my experience with my local Big W as well. When the sales have finished, they always magically seem to restock. Yes Big W Rouse Hill... I'm talking about you!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those trying to get HFTD, Generations or any other figures matched to the catalogue prices, check out Kaiden's post. (challange them on the wording of the catalogue, rather than accepting their own internal product codes that scan up the prices on their computers)
    (quoting myself, as it is easier to refer to)

Christalcase and I tried to get the BigW at Garden City to correct the price on a Generations toy, but wouldn't - they noted the different coloured packaging and product code (darn observant staff members).

If you have a TRU handy, use the BigW catalogue to get something like Generations price-matched, as they will only see the 'Deluxe' label on the BigW catalogue (and show them where it says it on the side of the Generations toy bubble). I've found TRU are the easiest to price-match, possibly because they make so much money on their regular prices, they aren't too fussed about the occasional loss of profit on a price-matched item.

Picked up my DRIFT today from Big W after having it unofficially on lay buy (which I'm glad I did because they had none left).

It scanned at $24.66 but I showed them the catalogue and they changed the price on the spot, was not a struggle at all, considering it's plain as day in the catalogue that the deluxe figures ARE $18.66 and it says right there on the toy that it's a deluxe.