Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pipe it Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    all Autobots have blue eyes (speaking from a strictly G1 POV)
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Marvel comics are every bit as G1 :/
    Um... even if 5FDP was talking about the cartoon, that Pipes doesn't have blue eyes either. And it would also mean that these guys aren't Autobots. Which is bad news for the good guys.

And this custom is awesome - looks much better than the original toy. Can the eyes/lightpiping just be coloured in with something like a red permanent marker?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Um... even if 5FDP was talking about the cartoon, that Pipes doesn't have blue eyes either. And it would also mean that these guys aren't Autobots. Which is bad news for the good guys.
    Indeed. There are plenty of Autobots who don't have blue eyes and Decepticons who don't have red eyes in the G1 cartoon - including Pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Indeed. There are plenty of Autobots who don't have blue eyes and Decepticons who don't have red eyes in the G1 cartoon - including
    Tell that to the kid who painted my Misfire's eyes red

Looks awsome, love the blue on him!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Tell that to the kid who painted my Misfire's eyes red
    Yeah but Misfire had red eyes in the cartoon, so I can understand why some stickler for show-likeness would want to paint the eyes in red. I don't agree with it at all, but I can understand it. Same with my original G1 Trailbreaker - the original owner painted the eye blue too. Freakin' annoying. Worse still, the reissue has blue eyes too. I should 'restore' my original Trailbreaker's eyes to red.

The stupid thing was that I got my SkyDasher from the same guy, and he'd also painted in his eyes in blue, despite the fact that NONE of the Powerdashers appeared in the cartoon -- so I see no reason why he did that!